NUD: KoAloha KCM-00

cml

Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. Today I picked up my new concert from the post office, delivered from The Southern Ukulele store in England, and was I in for a treat or what?

While writing this I am looking at my new beautiful KoAloha KCM-00 at the wall in front of me, and damn if it isn't striking. The build quality is flawless, the koa fabulous with a little curl and the gloss finish looks ever so nice on this concert. For me, the neck is spot on what I want (I have some finger pain) and the bound fretboard was a nice unexpected bonus !

The sound is a chapter all of it's own, it's LOUD but very balanced with the Worth Clears. The tone is fantastic and the sustain is the best I've heard yet (in person).

I bought this from The Southern Ukulele store in England and kudos to Rob and the rest of the people there for a nice chat before the order, and for the great service. SUS does setup like HMS, and we agreed on between 2.5-3mm at the 12th fret and the uke was delivered with exactly 3mm. I think that will be good, if not I'll lower it ever so slightly at the saddle. Very nice and low at the nut and the intonation is spot on all the way up the neck (checked with a Snark).

But what are words if not meaningless when you can SEE it:
27860454075_88798b8706_z.jpg

27248709173_bf57444cce_z.jpg

27248711433_025db90776_z.jpg

27860452255_4ffe88de1e_z.jpg

Also want to add a big thanks to WCBarnes who helped me with some input before the purchase.

Mahalo,
CML

Ps. Yes yes, I do realise I come across as extremely positive and that it might be because I just got it, but be that as it may - this thing is pure AWESOME. Ds.

Last edited:
Beautiful uke, nice photos, congratulations! I'm sure it plays and sounds as good as it looks. I love the 2016 KoAloha models.

It looks (and no doubt: sounds) marvelous! Definitely a wonderful pick. :)

Congrats! I love concerts....a real stunner.

WOW!!! That is absolutely stunning! My KoAloha doesn't always get the play it deserves (I may need to rectigy that), but it never disapoints! I am glad the neck is perfect for you! IMHO, their necks are flawless (and the bound fretboard is a nice bonus!).

Enjoy it CML!

Thank you everyone! Tomorrow it wont get any play time due to it being midsummer's eve here in Sweden, but come saturday I'll have problems putting it down :D!

Yessssss there you go! Glad it came today. Looks amazing and I bet it sounds great too. I wish my pictures turned out as good as yours also.

Thanks Kyle :D!
Yessssss there you go! Glad it came today. Looks amazing and I bet it sounds great too. I wish my pictures turned out as good as yours also.
Composition and light are all that it is to it :). The camera doesnt matter much, this is with a cellphone camera. This time I really didnt have any good lightning either, but you make do with what you got.

I very rarely get my serious ILC out these days, the cameras in phones are getting good enough for everyhing but specialized photography such as birding, serious macro or portrait work.

Congratulations ... beautiful Uke. I am happy your are so in love ... enjoy!

Great pics of a really lovely uke. That koa is super nice. Enjoy!

Well you should sound positive........absolutely head over heels in love positive. It's a KOALOHA after all. Congratulations on a beautiful instrument, play the heck out of it, enjoy:music:

Congrats on your new baby. My friend Annie loves hers. It's loud with good sustain and intonation.

Congratulations on your concert KoAloha! I got mine in 2010 and it is as sweet as the day I got it!
Peace through ukulele,
joe

Top Bottom