New contest! The prize is a Jake signed CD!

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So at Jake's concert tonight I bought 3 of his new CD's. One for me, one for my dad and one for YOU!

That is right a UU signed Jake Shimabukuro LIVE CD. I call it the "I want more Jake!" Video Contest. (Real original isn't it?)

CONTEST VIDEO! LOOK HEREZZZZ!

DSC_0078-1.jpg

It says

Ukulele Underground
Peace, Love and Ukulele
-Jake Shimabukuro

SO! How do you win you ask? Well it is simple. All that you need to do is make an instrumental video (no vocals this time!) of any song with your uke and put it on youtube. State that the video is for the "I want some more Jake! Video Contest"

Here are the conditions:

1) Video MUST be an ukulele instrumental.
2) You need to say at the intro to your video "I want more JAKE!"
3) You may have up to 3 submissions.

You have until May 30th. First place gets Jake's new album! If we get a bunch of people that want to participate, I'll figure out some more prizes!

Post the links to your video in this thread!

Last edited:
What if I don't want to be like Jake but just like his music, can I still enter? :confused:;):cool:

So I just made a video where you can post video responses! It is in the first post.

(Could a mod do me a favor by changing the title of the thread to "I want more Jake!" Uke Video Contest ) Thanks!

Awesome idea for an contest! (the signed CD!:D)

i´ll definately try to work out something!

one single question:

you said there has to be an ukulele in that vid - but if i am accompanied by a friend (guitar), does he also have to play the uke?

UkeApe

Hmm.. Maybe I will try and make a submisson, still haven't played very long but hey it's great fun :D

was jake a cool guy to meet?

I have met him once and I can say that he was honestly the nicest person to talk to in the entire world. Very encouraging and he gave every one a hug after the show. He stayed for over 3 hours after the show and personnally hugged complete strangers. He is the man and is a beautiful soul.

If you have a chance to go see him do it. You will not regret it.

Not very good at the instrumental stuff (aka not strumming) but I need to learn some time so might as well have some motivation behind it!

Top Bottom