Mason Guitar and Ukes - Info Please?

rappsy

Reaction score
I'm in Michigan at the Midwest Uke Camp and I've come up on a very nice Uke by someone I've not heard of. It is Mason Guitars and Ukes made by Kevin Mason in Illinois and they have a nice Concert LN made of Lutz Spruce on the top and Koa on the B&S and incredible inlay in the large headstock . Pricey for something I'm not familiar with.

It is very bright, which I like, and has a clear and clean tone. It sounded like it definitely had some volume and it has SC strings on it now. With some Browns or Blacklines, I can see it mellowing out a bit.

Anybody know them and can offer some insight?

Camp ends tomorrow. (Sunday)

Thanks in advance.

i like his ukes very much. He has only continued to improve. I would say that since you've been able to play it that's the best measure of how good it is.

I'm in Michigan at the Midwest Uke Camp and I've come up on a very nice Uke by someone I've not heard of. It is Mason Guitars and Ukes made by Kevin Mason in Illinois and they have a nice Concert LN made of Lutz Spruce on the top and Koa on the B&S and incredible inlay in the large headstock . Pricey for something I'm not familiar with.

It is very bright, which I like, and has a clear and clean tone. It sounded like it definitely had some volume and it has SC strings on it now. With some Browns or Blacklines, I can see it mellowing out a bit.

Anybody know them and can offer some insight?

Camp ends tomorrow. (Sunday)

Thanks in advance.

Kevin is an awesome guy. He is local to me and has volunteered his time to look at some of my school ukes and to show me some setup things for my uke program. Just a great guy that is very generous with his time. When I was at his house his ukes looked and sounded fantastic. The sustain on one of his tenors was amazing, and was on par with my hoffmanns in having that guitar like sustain.

Thanks Steve and Ryan and Dave and Hodge. Your comments have helped in my decision making.

Top Bottom