Luna Tattoo Tenor Low-G Setup?

Sephiroth

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I picked up my first uke about three months ago (a Mahalo color series one) and for Father's Day, I received a Luna Tattoo Tenor and a set of D'Addario Low-G Tenor strings.

This is more or less my first setup, but the low-G doesn't quite fit into the high G groove in the nut. It settles about 1/3 of the way in so it doesn't move or buzz, but it's not quite touching the bottom of the groove. It doesn't seem to affect my playing so I'm wondering... is there any disadvantage to leaving the string as-is, about 1/3 into the setting, so that if I want to go back to a high-G at some point I can? Will there be any lasting damage to my uke if it stays this way?

Thanks in advance... I've been checking out the forums for a few months, and love the advice provided by the community.

It won't "HURT" anything to leave it like that. It might go out of tune more frequently and all kinds of other tuning, feel, intonation issues. But it is not the end of the world and no harm is done. You could order a Fremont Soloist squeekless wound low G string. They are much smaller in diameter than what you have and should fit properly

Last edited:
Top Bottom