WB banjo uke 8 inch tension hoop

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
I'm looking for a vintage 8 inch tension hoop for an old banjouke
I am trying to restore. I've been searching on Ebay and the web
and have had no luck. If someone has one they dont need or if
someone has a source for one ,.............? THANKS

Last edited:
I might. I'll be slowly going through my parts drawer this week. If I find one I'll certainly let you know.

Can you give us a picture of what you have so we xan compare it to what we have. I have four different old banjukes I bought from a local fellow.

I don't have a picture but it is a flat metal hoop or ring , 8 inches in diameter. It is the part that the hooks hook on , the part that holds the skin head down.
I'll try a pic but its an old camera that hasnt been working well lately.

9877-14_gibson_banjo_tb-1_new_hoop_c.jpg

the part I'm looking for is the flat metal band ( ring ) on the top that the hooks
hook to . It has an 8 inch diameter.

Last edited:
Yes , I found Rickard , the hoops are out of stock and I only payed $ 43 for the uke. I'm really hoping someone will have a vintage one they are willing to part with.

Thanks for info , I'm still looking. I'm thinking about making one if I can find the material I'll need, but only as a last resort.

Thanks NOTLguy, great source for parts , but he doesnt have an 8 inch hoop. Back to the hunt.

I went through all of the ones I bought from Kerry Char, but they are all only 6 inches in diametre. My broken mandolin banjo has a 10" pot. Do you want me to call one of my suppliers to see if just the rim is available for one of our 8 inch pots? We do have 8" banjo ukuleles currently in production.

I went through all of the ones I bought from Kerry Char, but they are all only 6 inches in diametre. My broken mandolin banjo has a 10" pot. Do you want me to call one of my suppliers to see if just the rim is available for one of our 8 inch pots? We do have 8" banjo ukuleles currently in production.

If it is not alot of trouble for you , Yes .The only one I've been able to find is one that may not even work for 40 bucks plus postage. I really dont want to put too much money into this $43 banjo uke. I've been thinking about trying to make a hoop , If you can help me find one I would be thrilled. Thanks.groovedhoop.JPG

I'm looking for a vintage 8 inch tension hoop for an old banjouke
I am trying to restore. I've been searching on Ebay and the web
and have had no luck. If someone has one they dont need or if
someone has a source for one ,.............? THANKS

Mainland Ukes and Ukulele World both used to sell this size banjo uke parts. They might be worth checking out.

Top Bottom