New Koa Pili KoKo Deluxe Longneck Pineapple Soprano Ukulele

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
Being prepared for shipping from China. Will provide full review when received from Aiersi, the new owners of the KPK name. Notice the new headstock design.

NewKPK1.jpgNewKPK2.jpg

Leaving on a jet plane (or slow boat from China). Review will be forthcoming.

koa ukulele (1).jpgkoa ukulele (3).jpgkoa ukulele (2).jpg

Last edited:
$160 including bag and shipping. Ordered directly from Devon at Aiersi via email referencing the model on pilikoko.com.

Nice looking wood, great price. I paid a little more than that for my standard version with no bag. Opened up quite a bit since I bought it. Was good when it arrived, very good now.

Mine still sounds like a banjo.

Any string suggestions for somebody who doesn't like Aquilas?

The first thing I do when I get a new ukulele is to put on a set of Worth Medium Browns.

lots of good strings out there. Mine sounds great with Aquilas, but that's just my opinion and it's a different instrument. Few strings are as "bright" as aquilas. Perhaps Oasis would work? My Kamaka sure loves them. Lights or mediums. Ko'olau Alohi or Hamano?

NUD: The KPK Deluxe Long Neck Soprano Pineapple just arrived.

Initial impressions all very positive. Same high quality as the ones I had received via Jason,
just a different "Martin-style" head stock and no upcharge for bone.

Construction is solid acacia top, sides and back with a one piece mahogany neck,
rosewood fingerboard and bridge and bone nut and saddle. Gold geared tuners. Pearl position
markers. Abalone sound hole rosette and purfling with mahogany binding on the top. Beautifully
matched and highly grained top and back. Construction is very clean and nearly perfect.

Intonation is right on and the frets are smooth and clean. Nice comfortable neck profile.

Sound is full and the tone is very koa like. I have a standard KPK Acacia Concert uke
and it has a similar volume and tone. Came with Aquilas but will be installing Worth BMs.

I ordered this directly from Devon of Aiersi on June 17th specifying a model not on their website but from
specs on Jason's pilikoko.com website. It shipped with a basic gig bag. I ordered a Polyfoam Hard Case
from Sweetwater.com.

Finding a reasonably priced substantial pineapple case can be a chore, let alone one that can handle a long neck.
I searched all over the net and came across the one below at Sweetwater. A perfect fit at a reasonable cost.
Highly recommended for a standard or pineapple long neck soprano ukulele.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UCS/

Last edited:
I don't know much about these KPK ukes, but they look very interesting. A couple of questions: 1) I assume that the "Koa" wood they use is actually Acacia (a member of the same family) and not Hawaiian Koa. Correct? I am aware that they are very similar in appearance and acoustic properties. 2) They offer many different models and variations on their web site. How does one find out pricing and availability? Is there a master price list available, or must one inquire via email for a specific model?

Thanks for any information!

thanks Larry

yes, you could email me directly! because our aiersi is chinese No.1 brand for guitar,bass and ukulele hot sale by dealers over 20 countries. that mean we are not sell for final customers before.

but for koa pili koko, since we stopped cooperation with jason. so for this brand, we sell for final customer directly. anyway, we have sold 5 pieces for other members today . you will be happy to deal with us indeed. even we from china. but we have professional marketing team . the only problem maybe you need wait a little longer for shipment. normally from china to US ,it's about 7-15 days for shipment . if we had stock.

also, welcome you to join FB koa pili koko group https://www.facebook.com/groups/567828540055056/

we will update stock models and share the price for all friends there. the most importance all we can talk there directly!

best regards

devon

Top Bottom