Piano Forte - Audio Recording

Dominator

Reaction score
Jake’s new Live CD is outstanding. His live performances have always been better than his CDs and this is the best I’ve heard him yet. He just keeps getting better and better. One of the standouts on the CD is Piano Forte. I saw one of his Youtube videos where he changed the arrangement just a bit. I spent part of my Easter Sunday recording an audio only version based off the Youtube video version.

Piano Forte - Audio

beautiful playing Dominator! thanks for sharing.

Thanks Russell. So are you still planning on being out of town for Hayward this year? We will miss you.

deach said:
Wow! Beautiful!
Thank you sir!

Captain Google said:
Whan can we expect tabs?
Ha, I'm about half way done with the tabs but unfortunately they won't be posted on my site.

Nice job Dominator and great song choice.

This is one of my favorites as well.
When I worked with Jake last he played this and aside from his playing, you could hear a pin drop. The audience was hypnotized.

I have this cd and a few other shows running at my place and a GREAT live version of this one.

What kind of uke did you play this on? It sounds purdy.

Nice job Dominator and great song choice.

This is one of my favorites as well.
When I worked with Jake last he played this and aside from his playing, you could hear a pin drop. The audience was hypnotized.

I have this cd and a few other shows running at my place and a GREAT live version of this one.

What kind of uke did you play this on? It sounds purdy.

I played this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3hVkyXzObM

Incredible Dom!!!

I had the good luck to see jake on one of his last shows before the cd release. We got a copy early and he played all of the songs on the cd at the show. I have to say that the one about the gas was my favorite. (excuse my ignorance of the name of the song lol)

do you think you could send me some tabs after your done with them??

regards,
nik

Dom, you always put out stuff that is nothing less than amazing, great job!

man i can only get the first 35 seconds of the song.. if only i knew the rest

Simply AWESOME! ;)

Thanks so much you guys. Piano Forte is just a beautiful tune and I knew I needed to learn it the very first time I saw the video.

My good friend, Jon Prown, is adding a second track to my recording and I've heard the very first rough draft he did to allow me to hear the direction he was heading with it. I can't wait to hear the final track. It adds an entirely knew dimension to the song with a couple sections hinting towards that of a Canon in D type thing. I'm really anxious to hear it.

BTW, Trevor, I believe you know the procedure for being able to learn this wonderful song ;).

You Dominated! (Pun totally intended) I hope I can get to a level where I can rip out these kinds of tunes. Great song and beautiful playing! Thanks for sharing. :worship:

- Bruddah Kekoa

You Dominated! (Pun totally intended) I hope I can get to a level where I can rip out these kinds of tunes. Great song and beautiful playing! Thanks for sharing. :worship:

- Bruddah Kekoa

i was wondering the exact same thing when i started out. now 4 years later i can play 3 jake songs.

you will get there brah. just have fun!!!

This is the first time I've heard this song. Very pretty and great job Dom! :shaka:

Thanks Craig. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I realize most of Jake's style is not your particular focus but this is indeed a very beautiful tune.

Current mood: Anticipating the arrival of your CD :music:.

Top Bottom