Show me your TV Yellow Collings uke......please

Pete F

Reaction score
I stumbled across a picture of one of these, and I now have a fixation for one - just as well there aren't any available right now. I hope my UAS passes, but in the mean time, just for my entertainment I would love to see some owner pics.......:D

What's a "TV Yellow Collings Uke"? Or is this one of those things that if you have to ask you're not supposed to know?

Haha - yeaaah you could be right ;)

Basically; Gibson used to use a yellow back in the day of black and white television - apparently it made the instrument stand out on the B/W screen. Obviously, it became popular (I think) for the fact that it was yellow and different. Anyway, move on forty or fifty years and Collings produces some instruments in 'TV Yellow' and they still do, but as far as I am aware only made a few ukuleles. An acquired taste for sure, and one that is growing on me in a fun way. Image below...

TV YELLOW
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&r...Z2qervfrwRUNelM3ZaBlYV4A&ust=1467795945244504

Last edited:
not my taste, but...
tvcollings.jpg

I don't have their yellow, but I have their sunburst, and it looks delicious and sounds even better. it has put my UAS in remission.

The yellow Gibson looks a lot like the color of the "natural" Kamoa E-3. But my eyes are color-deficient, and so is my inexpensive Chromebook screen. :eek:
Just an observation.

I've got this UT2 with a spruce top in a western shaded sunburst - delicious too. Perhaps in a year or two when they are back in production I'll get an all mahogany TV yellow. Then I'm done! Probably!!

27829537400_9ed2ddb9f5_z.jpg

Last edited:
I love that you can still see the wood grain through the colored stain. They are all purdy!!!!!!

Hi, I'm new to Ukulele Underground. I think I found a photo of the Collins TV Yellow.

Attachments

• Collins TV Yellow.jpg
    Collins TV Yellow.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I've got this UT2 with a spruce top in a western shaded sunburst - delicious too. Perhaps in a year or two when they are back in production I'll get an all mahogany TV yellow. Then I'm done! Probably!!

Gorgeous uke. Collings have not stopped production. They are limiting production. You'd have to ask a Collings dealer if they can request a TV Yellow for you.

I still have and love my spruce/maple concert. I really regret selling my UT2 Doghair. Really regret.

Yep, that's it steady339.

Ukulele Eddie, I have enquired via a dealer and the few new Collings ukes that are making it to stores are one's they've had in production and finishing off from two years ago - apparently. They are going to go into production of another batch but they haven't even got a start slot yet. Just as well, and I've a new Mya Moe coming to enjoy first.

Last edited:
Yep, that's it steady339.

Ukulele Eddie, I have enquired via a dealer and the few new Collings ukes that are making it to stores are one's they've had in production and finishing off from two years ago - apparently. They are going to go into production of another batch but they haven't even got a start slot yet. Just as well, and I've a new May Moe coming to enjoy first.

Ah, appreciate the update. Get your order in pre-slot. In two years, you'll be jonesing for another. ;-)

Top Bottom