Soprano cases...

jajafofo

Reaction score
Why is it that soprano cases seem to actually be too big for a soprano Uke? My Martins don't really fit in my hard case, foam case, or gig bag all that well. Is there a case out there that actually fits a Martin properly that doesn't cost a ton?

I've got two hard cases that fit my Martin sopranos really well. One is a Kinsman, it was pretty cheap (about £25 in the UK), and the latches aren't as good as I'd like, but the uke fits like a glove. The other is a Gator Journeyman case, it's much higher quality all round, but it cost about £60 and personally I'm not a huge fan of the look of the pale burlap covering. However, that's the one that I use if I'm travelling any distance with my uke (it also has a shoulder strap).

I had the opposite experience. A year or two back, I bought an OEM soprano hard case for a KPK-factory-made ukuMele soprano, and the case was too small. My Black Bear soprano doesn't fit either (it came in its own case), though my 1920s Washburn does fit. Just about, though. Body sizes aren't standardized.

I have an Ohana soft case that I keep my small waisted, small bodied SK-28 in. It fits great. We've also put a regular bodied soprano ukulele in there and it fit equally good. Slightly more snug. Well made and well padded, and good zippers and straps/handles. I just tried to find a link for you, but could only find a link for the concert size on Amazon.com. This looks just like my soprano bag, just in the concert size. I will be sad if they've quit making these.

https://www.amazon.com/Ohana-Ukulele-Concert-UCS24-padding/dp/B004IGPJLW/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1467605155&sr=1-3&keywords=Ohana+concert+ukulele+gig+bag

I have a Stagg case for my Laughlin and its fits pretty well. If your case is loose, you can always get some foam and shape it to improve the fit.

Last edited:
I have a Stagg case for my Laughlin and its fits pretty well. If your cases is lose, you cal always get some foam and shape it to improve the fit.

I just ordered a tweedish Stagg case for my soprano and am hoping it fits and is decent.

I have a Harley Benton soprano case, it's slightly too big for my Timms :(, I need to add some foam if I'd want to take it out of the house.

Top Bottom