Stradelele arrived! - mp3 file

Rob MacKillop

Reaction score
My new uke arrived today - a Stradelele by Joel Eckhaus of Earnest Uncommon Musical Instruments. Beautiful. I've uploaded four fingerstyle mp3 files here: http://www.FingerstyleUke.com/dump.htm

Rob MacKillop
PS The tabs will be available from the website in a couple of weeks, if all goes well

quite elegant. thanks for sharing.

Listened to the sound files and wowe. Great sounding uke and great playing!

Rob, congrats on the new uke. Gorgeous! And your playing is fantastic! I've always wanted to try one of Joel's ukuleles.

WOW That's one bodeachious lookin' ukulele!
MyStradFront.jpg
MyStradBack.jpg

unique sound..

It looks great... and of course your playing is awesome... But does the unique shape and make of this instrument produce a unique sound? And if so, can you articulate what makes that sound different?

And, btw, I am really still waiting to see the TABs for the beautiful Spanish pieces you posted a few weks ago... I hope you find a publisher soon!

Thanks. I wanted a uke that would be modern yet retain some of the heritage from Europe, especially Portugal and Spain. I searched around a few luthiers, and the Stradelele just jumped out at me. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I play fingerstyle with a lot of campanella fingering, so I needed a uke that would sing in all areas of the fretboard. My previous uke sounded really sweet in some areas, but not all, and there were some no-go areas for my style of playing. The Stradelele sings all over. No problems. It is based on a baroque guitar by the famous violin maker, Stradivari, hence its name.

My tabs will be published in four books, three of twenty pieces each, and one of ten pieces. They will be published by me from www.FingerstyleUke.com - either as pdfs or hard copies. There will be a minimal charge for them. I expect to have everything 'good to go' by the end of the month. I'll keep you tuned...

Rob MacKillop

Very mellow and soothing sounding - perfect for fingerpicking those jigs. I have a book with some Irish tunes I'd love to convert to TAB.

IrishMusicBookONeills.jpg

Top Bottom