Strings giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacchettadavid

Reaction score
Fellow UUers:

I recently made an error while placing an order through HMS, and as a result, I wound up with 2 sets of concert-size Aquila Red low G strings.

I do not own a concert ukulele, so these strings are useless to me.(...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele....)

I need to get these strings out of here before I splurge on a concert ukulele. Save me from myself. If you're interested in them and live in the CONUS, PM me a mailing address, and I'll ship them to you.

Thank you for your interest in my well-being (or my strings...whatever).

Why dont you just use them on whatever scale uke you have?

They work fine on tenors (just shorter length from the factory) and I'm pretty sure it's the same gauge as the REDS tenor low G, and on soprano they might be a little floppy.

(extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele....)

I need to get these strings out of here before I splurge on a concert ukulele.

This of course is a totally misguided concept. The need to acquire an extra ukulele, especially in a size/configuration you don't have, is a perfectly normal feeling and not one to be discounted lightly.

Use this golden opportunity to equip yourself with a second-hand concert ukulele that would have needed re-stringing anyway ... you'll not regret it ;)

...I do not own a concert ukulele, so these strings are useless to me.(...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele....)

I need to get these strings out of here before I splurge on a concert ukulele. Save me from myself. If you're interested in them and live in the CONUS, PM me a mailing address, and I'll ship them to you.

Thank you for your interest in my well-being (or my strings...whatever).

This of course is a totally misguided concept. The need to acquire an extra ukulele, especially in a size/configuration you don't have, is a perfectly normal feeling and not one to be discounted lightly.

Use this golden opportunity to equip yourself with a second-hand concert ukulele that would have needed re-stringing anyway ... you'll not regret it ;)

Methinks he doth protest too much.

It's too late and it seems that UAS already has a firm hold. It lurks and waits for your weakness to manifest.

It is a patient demon, and is very difficult to abate/excise until you have made all the rounds in size, scale and wood varieties.

Ordering the strings was a Freudian slip, and a cry for an excuse to buy a concert ukulele.

Yikes, a whole lot of enabling going on here. That said, having an uke in many sizes can be handy.

You all are terrible! I already own 3 nice ukuleles (including a K brand super concert). The last thing I need right now is another ukulele.

Booli, stringing my slothead tenor with them would be a tight fit with little room for error, and in any case, I've already purchased some tenor replacement strings.

The strings have been claimed by another UUer. Thanks for the laughs, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom