3.1 (World of Warcraft mini-rant)

Heyas folks... am I the only one practically pacing around the house waiting for World of Warcraft to come back up?

BTW, on my mac, I have the patch at just over 50%, on the hubbys pc, it was done in 10 mins.

That sucks.

All I can say is that I got some quality TV and Uke time in..

(resumes pacing)

Ooooh... I didn't know the patch was today. :eek:

JJ

Yeah-- it took all of 10 mins on my hubby... and, I was hoping to spend the better part of the evening in uludar.

Man I used to be into WoW for 3 years. Did the whole GM for an adult only guild, created a website, lead raid, it was fun I have to say. Finally turned it in and picked up my uke and djembe instead, when I realized life is way too short to be infront of the computer.

3.1 Does look awesome! FOR THE HORDE!! (www.nuclearguild.com)

By GM I mean Game Master. It was actually a pretty terrible job but pot helped.

You have my pity, especially if you had to recreate accounts after they were stolen.

Or restore lost items from stolen accounts, and then have the 13 year old owner of said account go off on me because I can't restore his uber epic items. It's basically a customer service gig except instead of dealing with middle aged house wives who received the wrong color washer and dryer, you have to deal with (and be nice to) all those spoiled 14 year old kids who feel like the world owes them everything. "I know you can do it you're just an asshole and don't want to do it!". Yeah, more like I could do it I just don't feel like losing my job or get reamed by my manager for not following procedures..

I left Blizzard in 2007 and haven't played WoW since. I was already kind of burnt out on WoW before I took that job and afterwards I never wanted to see the log in screen ever again. I've always been more of a FFXI man anyway.

Overall it was definitely an interesting experience and I learned way more about the inner workings of the game than someone of my ethical status should ever know. I actually thought about selling everything I knew to the owner of WoWGlider but didn't feel like being sued by blizzard for breaking my NDA.

Fun fact: There was actually a surprisingly large number of attractive girls working there.

I just quit for the last time in March (knock on wood). I got to the same place as Varsagod, running a guild, raiding 3 or 4 nights a week. I'd still be playing if they hadn't taken so long to get 3.1 out the door. We had all content cleared and people, including me, got tired of doing the same exact thing over and over. Oh well, it's better to be addicted to something that your friends can enjoy with you rather than addicted to something you enjoy with people you don't even really know.

Top Bottom