Insurance

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
Can anyone who's insured their Uke recommend an insurance company to use, I need to insure mine. Thanks

I have Farmers renters insurance for all the contents in my place, which includes my camera gear and instruments even if they get stolen or damaged away from the apartment, about $45 a year for $30,000 coverage and $250 deductable. I get a better rate because I also have car insurence through one of their companies.

If you are not a performer, you can add it to your homeowners insurance for a very small cost. Talk with your insurance agent to find out how.

If you are a performer, homeowners insurance will not pay if there is an issue. So you need musicians insurance. I use Clarion insurance.

As already posted, your homeowners insurance should cover it. We have an addition that insures things even if you drop them etc.

Are you referring to one that you own or insurance for when you ship?

If you are not a performer, you can add it to your homeowners insurance for a very small cost. Talk with your insurance agent to find out how.

If you are a performer, homeowners insurance will not pay if there is an issue. So you need musicians insurance. I use Clarion insurance.

This. As a professional musician (meaning that I play out and make money doing so), no homeowners policy will cover my instruments. Even in the house, as they are professional use items.

I have a Professional Article Policy through State Farm that covers everything I use, whether it's at home, in the car, or hanging out at the theatre (like this current run of Spamalot, where I'm leaving two of the three basses I have to play for the show at the theatre). It's around $200/yr for me, which is minute for peace of mind.

SOME homeowners policies MAY still cover professional articles, but you'd better check prior. Better to have it covered correctly than find out the hard way.

One thing, I had some tools stolen from a hanger where I was working on an airplane a few years back. I had opened the drawers of my tool box and taken pictures of all the tools in them at one time. Those pictures were very helpful, both collecting on the insurance and to help the police to look for them. I would suggest that people take pictures of their ukuleles and the cases so that if anything does happen, they have the pictures. I do the same with my luggage when I travel. I take a picture so that if my luggage gets lost I can show it to the airline people. I pack my ukulele in my checked luggage, so I have a picture of my uke and the case as well, just in case my luggage shows up and the ukulele doesn't. Just a tip.

I have Farmers renters insurance for all the contents in my place, which includes my camera gear and instruments even if they get stolen or damaged away from the apartment, about $45 a year for $30,000 coverage and $250 deductable. I get a better rate because I also have car insurence through one of their companies.

Hey Mike - who do you have your car insurance with? I'm with a Farmers company as well so I did the same for my renters insurance, but got nowhere near as good of a deal. I think I pay around $30 a *month* for renters, same coverage but higher deductible. I'm a bit amazed at the difference!

Hey Mike - who do you have your car insurance with? I'm with a Farmers company as well so I did the same for my renters insurance, but got nowhere near as good of a deal. I think I pay around $30 a *month* for renters, same coverage but higher deductible. I'm a bit amazed at the difference!

Car insurance is 21st Century, and my monthly is actually $47.25.

Car insurance is 21st Century, and my monthly is actually $47.25.

Ah ok, thanks - that sounds more like it; I'm with 21st too. I guess my lower monthly reflects my higher deductible. Here's hoping neither one of us ever have to use it! :)

Top Bottom