John Adams

ebrian

Reaction score
Anyone see the seven-series John Adams on HBO? I've been recommending it to everyone I know, as I totally loved it. Admittedly I'm a history nut so I am biased, but if you haven't checked it out - it's fantastic! :cool:

It was a very awesome series indeed!

I own the dvd set now.

Did you check out the "Painting with Words" extra? It's pretty sweet. David McCullough is one of my favorite authors.

Did you check out the "Painting with Words" extra? It's pretty sweet. David McCullough is one of my favorite authors.

No I havent seen any of the extras...or the dvd. I just got it a few weeks ago as a present but I watched faithfully on HoBO.

They did a great job on David Morse as GW. The acting was stellar too. A great book to screen job.

No I havent seen any of the extras...or the dvd. I just got it a few weeks ago as a present but I watched faithfully on HoBO.

They did a great job on David Morse as GW. The acting was stellar too. A great book to screen job.

I agree! He played a very convincing Washington. I especially liked the inauguration scene when everyone had to lean forward to hear him speak. Good stuff.

I also think Tom Wilkinson as Ben Franklin was an awesome choice.

I thought the series was brilliant. I almost mentioned it in the thread on "movies that made you cry". I mean, you know what's coming, but still... :( Maybe I'm just an old softie.

Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney are two of my all-time fave actors, so it was great to see them working together. Tom Wilkinson was Benjamin Franklin. And I've been a David Morse fan since "St. Elsewhere".

I could've done without those "Batman" camera angles though...

I highly recommend watching it (or rewatching it) with the pop-up factoid option turned on. Good stuff!

JJ

P.S. Just the other week I got a chance to see David McCullough give a talk here in town. He was great! Quite funny and thought-provoking.

I thought the series was brilliant. I almost mentioned it in the thread on "movies that made you cry". I mean, you know what's coming, but still... :( Maybe I'm just an old softie.

Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney are two of my all-time fave actors, so it was great to see them working together. Tom Wilkinson was Benjamin Franklin. And I've been a David Morse fan since "St. Elsewhere".

I could've done without those "Batman" camera angles though...

I highly recommend watching it (or rewatching it) with the pop-up factoid option turned on. Good stuff!

JJ

P.S. Just the other week I got a chance to see David McCullough give a talk here in town. He was great! Quite funny and thought-provoking.

Ha! I thought about the same thing! I got a bit misty (with pride dang it!) when Adams delivered his "While I live, give me a country! A FREE Country" speech to congress. And Abigail's death was pretty heart-breaking for sure.

I am green with envy sir! Mr. McCullough would be great to hear speak.

Top Bottom