WTB: Solid mahogany? concert <$200

theosmum

Reaction score
I'm looking for a concert sized uke on the lower end of the price range preferably solid wood... something like the Pono MC or open to suggestions! :)

Pono MC, Kala KA-SMHC, and Mainland Classic Mahogany all seem to fit the bill for you (Kala and Mainland are at least very close to your price, Pono a bit more).

I have played all of these (but in the tenor size), and prefer the Mainland by a significant margin. Surprisingly, it is also the cheapest of the three.

Ohana's CK series is in that range, too, and they're excellent ukes. Mims Ukes is the place to go for Ohanas. Great dealer, excellent setup, pleasure to deal with.

On ebay, see $200 (still there) Mainland, Kala solid mahogany, and Bushmen Jenny concerts.

Last edited:
Don't forget Cordoba's mahogany concert (Cordoba CM15 model number I think). They are usually $99.00 and Guitar Center just had 'em for $79.00. Great uke for the money. Several sound bites on YouTube.

+1 for the Mainland...

There is a very nice solid mahogany mainland concert with case on ebay right now. 200 or best offer free shipping and 14 day return period.

i have a brand new virtually unused Ohana ck 65 D offset sound hole. Nice voice and loud. all solid wood....mahogany and spruce...lightbweight uke..
New worth brown strings. $ 175 shioped to door us postal domestic usa only.
f
uView attachment 92551

Top Bottom