Want to trade my Tenor for a soprano

provines

Reaction score
Anyone want to trade a soprano for my tenor? It's the one I used in my Puff the Magic Dragon Cover for the 60's contest. PM me.
I currently have it listed on Ebay but it won't sell for what I've got the minimum bid set. I've a lot of photos there. I bought it for around $85 but then had to pay around $70 to have it shipped from Vietnam. I need to add a lock washer on the 2nd string as it slips just a tad. You may remember me posting this here on UU with my comments when I got it. I added a laminate just above the nut which fixed the "unfinished" headstock. It looks pretty good now. I also sanded down the rough spots on the fretboard. The rosewood fretboard looked a little mottled due to the heavy inlay work so I put a light poly coat on it. It looks a lot better now. I seldom play it and I'm looking for a decent soprano that I can take on the road when I travel. I don't need a case. As you can hear in the Puff video, it sounds pretty good. I have Aquilla strings on it and I have the A doubled as I don't like the low G nor low A. It is a six string.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110377084944

Last edited:
Anyone want to trade a soprano for my tenor? It's the one I used in my Puff the Magic Dragon Cover for the 60's contest. PM me.
I currently have it listed on Ebay but it won't sell for what I've got the minimum bid set. I've a lot of photos there. I bought it for around $85 but then had to pay around $70 to have it shipped from Vietnam. I need to add a lock washer on the 2nd string as it slips just a tad. You may remember me posting this here on UU with my comments when I got it. I added a laminate just above the nut which fixed the "unfinished" headstock. It looks pretty good now. I also sanded down the rough spots on the fretboard. The rosewood fretboard looked a little mottled due to the heavy inlay work so I put a light poly coat on it. It looks a lot better now. I seldom play it and I'm looking for a decent soprano that I can take on the road when I travel. I don't need a case. As you can hear in the Puff video, it sounds pretty good. I have Aquilla strings on it and I have the A doubled as I don't like the low G nor low A. It is a six string.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110377084944

That's one of them heavily inlayed ukes you see on e-bay now and again isn't it?

JT

Yes. I had a couple of issues with this one when I got it, they didn't cut the laminate on the head right so there was a not so little gap between the head laminate and the nut so I cut a nice piece of laminate and fixed that. It looks o.k. The fretboard looked a little rough due to all the inlay work so I sprayed it with a light coat of poly. I know you're not supposed to do that but it looks and feels a whole lot better. I also had to put a couple more lock washers on the 1st and 2nd string pegs as they slipped a little. It's now a whole lot better too. So, after a bit of work. It is a pretty unique uke. I just don't play it. As it is a six string, you get a pretty different sound too.

i have a mitchell concert if u want it. also is there any videos of it?

I wanna trade!

what'd you think of my uke! it says hohner on the inside of it if that matters. my friend bought it for me to go traveling with so i'm not sure what it is.
check out this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zosXFMiaq9U&feature=channel_page

it sounds awesome and ill throw in my extra aquilas. it's just too darn small for me so i'm really looking for a tenor.

Tempting but I'm looking for something a little more unique than a Honer.

Top Bottom