What kind of strings do Kalas come with?

I can't say for sure, but I would guess Hilo. They are the standard for stock 'ukulele strings.

No matter what they are I would recomend replacing them as soon as posible. Those stock strings have probably been sitting for years. New strings will really make an 'ukulele sound a lot better. I use Worth clears, but that's for another thread...

I bought my Kala second hand at Good Guys in HI. They weren't sure what strings were on it.

I slappdeded some Aquillas on it and it sounds purdy. :nana:

Thanks for the replies Hippie Guy and Spooner.
I'll probably buy some D'Addarios or Aquillas to replace whatever strings are on my Kala right now. The E string never seems to stay in tune as long as the others.
:)
I still need to take pics of her for the "Ukulele p***" thread in the Uke Talk section :rotfl:

Thanks for the replies Hippie Guy and Spooner.
I'll probably buy some D'Addarios or Aquillas to replace whatever strings are on my Kala right now. The E string never seems to stay in tune as long as the others.
:)
I still need to take pics of her for the "Ukulele p***" thread in the Uke Talk section :rotfl:

Some strings do take longer than others to "settle."
My Kala had a wound c on it and I had to do away with that...just my taste.

Mine came with GHS strings

It depends on the uke

I have 2 Kala ukuleles.

The Kala Tenor sized in Mango came with GHS strings. I have changed them for Medium Worths – Clear, and have tried both High G and Low G. Very nice!

My Long Necked Soprano in Flame Maple/ Sitka Spruce came with Aquillia. I haven't changed those yet, but everyone speaks so highly of those, I figure they should be fine for now.

In both cases, there was a tag on the headstock identifying the brand of the strings.

–Lori

The Kala's are strung with GHS. Someone had mentioned that they will start using Aquila as a stock string. Can anyone confirm?

Top Bottom