WTB Collings Tenor

CW5

Reaction score
If anyone is considering selling there Collings ukulele in excellent condition I'm interested in getting one!

UT2 Mahogany or Mahogany Sunburst

Thanks

Last edited:
Still looking for an all original Collings UT2 Mahogany ukulele in excellent condition with no nicks or digs!!

If anyone is considering selling there Collings ukulele in excellent condition I'm interested in getting one!

UT2 Mahogany or Mahogany Sunburst

Thanks

Last edited:

Rappsy,

Thanks for sending the link on the Collings UT2 Koa.

The other week I was able to pick up a used Collings UT3 Koa and love it. After playing it I liked it so much that's why I'm now on the hunt for a Collings UT2 Mahogany Uke. I really like the sweet/warm sound of Mahogany. So I will keep my fingers crossed that a UT2 Mahogany in excellent condition shows up on the Ukulele Underground Forum soon or someone lets me know where there is one for sale.

Thanks again,

CW5, I can totally understand your quest for a Mahogany Collings tenor. Since owning a UT2 (western shaded) with a spruce top, I've been blown away by the quality and feel of the instrument. I've been looking for a Mahogany UT* also, but I am going to put that desire on hold until next year. I guess you've spotted the white mahogany UT2 at Acoustic Music Works? it's the only new one available that I could find - check out the demo just for the pleasure of it if nothing else.

Best of luck in your search.

P

Hi CWS--I have a near mint UT-1 with haircut headstock if you are interested. You can e me at garyfra@verizon.net for more details. This is the actual instrument: https://reverb.com/item/2611733-collings-ut-1-ukulele-haircut-headstock. The reason i'm selling? i bit off more than i can chew--I'm a guitarist at heart ( i have a Collings OM2-H, among others) and simply don't play Uke enough to justify keeping this in the closet. I am located in Maryland. Best--

Last edited:
CW5, I can totally understand your quest for a Mahogany Collings tenor. Since owning a UT2 (western shaded) with a spruce top, I've been blown away by the quality and feel of the instrument. I've been looking for a Mahogany UT* also, but I am going to put that desire on hold until next year. I guess you've spotted the white mahogany UT2 at Acoustic Music Works? it's the only new one available that I could find - check out the demo just for the pleasure of it if nothing else.

Best of luck in your search.

P

Yes, I have seen the Collings UT2 White Mahogany at Acoustic Music Works and I called Steve the owner about it. I have purchased guitars and a mandolin from Acoustic Music Works and I have always been very pleased. However, I'm going to stay away from the White Mahogany body! Thanks for saying something about it.

Yes, I have seen the Collings UT2 White Mahogany at Acoustic Music Works and I called Steve the owner about it. I have purchased guitars and a mandolin from Acoustic Music Works and I have always been very pleased. However, I'm going to stay away from the White Mahogany body! Thanks for saying something about it.

Just wondering what put you off that white model? I only ask because I've been eyeing it up myself!

Their is a used ut2 mahogany on reverb for $1895.

I saw the white one and like how it looks but currently not in the market. Over my budget. Haha.
I'd also like to know if their is a negative side to that model. They also had a used one for less that might have sold.

CW5 - I find the Walnut the other way over Mahogany, quite a bit brighter...

The White UT2: I wasn't keen on it myself at first, I think it's the pick guard trying to be too guitar-esque and in the wrong position for me. It's growing on me but I'm waiting - there will be more choice once Collings finish the new run of Waterloo guitars - apparently.

I was able to acquire a Collings UT2 Mahogany ukulele in excellent condition off the forum. Thanks!!

Top Bottom