PDA

View Full Version : Out of the wild: Alaska Experiment

nikolo727
04-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I dont know if any of you guys have seen this new show, but it is about a group of people sent into the Alaska wilderness and told to get out and survive. They are given a random assortment of this along with survival packs.

anyway.

one of the random things was a ukulele. LOL!

but I think they are going to break it apart and use if for fire starting or some other thing. :(

Link
04-14-2009, 04:18 PM
They better not! I will file complaints to the FCC!

BTW, what's the FCC?...

Ahnko Honu
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Last season they sure picked the most weeniest people to strand in the wilderness, almost useless survival wise but I guess that's the point. I guess if they put me in a big city office building and told me to start accounting it'd be the same thing "The New York Experiment" though a ukulele there would help me to cope. ;)

carpekd
04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
So they're in the wilderness, and they couldn't find anything else for fire starter?
(we call it kindlin' in my neck of the woods)

dnewton2
04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
So they're in the wilderness, and they couldn't find anything else for fire starter?
(we call it kindlin' in my neck of the woods)

What I saw of the show it had been raining for a while and these people really don't have a clue. (Most of them) They didnt know how to use a magneseum (sp?) fire started. They just kept stricking the flint into a pile of grass. One women knew but she was out hunting.

I did see a glimpse of a ukulele, and was wondering who brought that out. I guess it was given to them.

nikolo727
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
wow!! They didnt know how to use magnesium firestarter. I learned how ta used one o those when i was 2. thats probubly because my parents used to drop me off in the wilderness and say," Go find home nick, go find home."

lol jk. i was a boyscout!!!:p