FS: New Soprano ULO uke by D. Heilman

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

Here is another one of my latest fun projects (#005), the ULO (oo-low) which stands for a Ukulele Like Object. They have excellent intonation, low playing action, good volume and a decent sound. The body is constructed of a single piece of 3/4" fir, a solid Western red cedar top plate and a 1/4" plywood back. It has only one top brace and a bridge patch. The bridge is the string though type and is made of mahogany with a ebony saddle and nut. The fingerboard is Mango, with small uke frets, 12 to the body. Playing scale is 13 3/4". There are plastic dot position markers at the 5,7,and 10th frets, white side dots included. The finish is one coat of white sealer paint and one coat in multiple colors and patterns of spray paint, right off the store shelf. The tuners are Grover friction type, inexpensive but they work well. The strings are Worth brand. That's it! The sound as you might expect is on the treble end, harp-like, although it still sounds like a uke with very good volume. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA by D. Heilman of Black Bear Ukes. $20 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank
draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

Price - $150

Attachments

• 2016-7-14 Ulo 5a.jpg
    2016-7-14 Ulo 5a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 2016-7-14 Ulo 5b.jpg
    2016-7-14 Ulo 5b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 153
  • 2016-7-14 Ulo 5c.JPG
    2016-7-14 Ulo 5c.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Duane, are there any plans on making this with a concert neck? I am having a hard time with soprano scales, but love this concept, the size, and the thickness.

Last edited:
PM sent!!!!

Yes, I will be making a concert size ULO this coming week with a concert size body and 15" playing scale. I will list it in the market place as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for your interest.

Duane, are there any plans on making this with a concert neck? I am having a hard time with soprano scales, but love this concept, the size, and the thickness.

Yes, I will be making a concert size ULO this coming week with a concert size body and 15" playing scale. I will list it in the market place as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for your interest.

... and to add another variable, will you be making a soprano with a concert scale and/or a concert with a tenor scale?

Thanks.

Well, because of the body chamber size of the finish uke, for now I am sticking with soprano/soprano, concert/concert size ukes. I am not venturing into the tenor or baritone sizes or scales. I am having fun with this project right now and don't want to get too serious or committed with all the variables. Thanks for asking.

... and to add another variable, will you be making a soprano with a concert scale and/or a concert with a tenor scale?

Thanks.

Thanks Duane. I am looking forward to seeing the concert size version this week.

Just a heads up since I received my Racing Red ULO#1 its all Ive been playing!

I will give it a proper review in time.

I have ULO #3 and am enjoying the heck out of it. Might become the nicest "take it to the job ULO" I could imagine.

Loving the paint job on the new one FS above!

Last time through the loop. I lowered the price a bit, these are really good sounding ukes and your complete satisfaction is guaranteed.

Top Bottom