Birthday Party!

Cassie

Reaction score
Aloha everyone! Thursday is my birthday and I'd like to host a little Uke party here. If you would like to post some songs, I mostly like traditional Italian, Hawaiian and Mariachi songs. My favorites from each of those categories are, Santa Lucia in Italian, Cielito Lindo in the Mariachi category, Aloha oe and Sweet Leilani in the Hawaiian category. Que sera sera in a misc category. You don't have to do all of them but do what you can. I'm really looking forward to Thursday and I'm planning to bring out little Kalea. That's the nickname of my little Kala soprano. I know that some of you don't like the idea of hosting Uu birthday parties but That's Ok. Thank you all in advance. Aloha again!

Last edited:
Happy early birthday! Feliz cumpleanos from Arizona

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE.

Here is one of my first ever recordings, & whilst this wasn't recorded specifically for you - you might like it. :)

Last edited:
Happy Birthday. Haven't figured out how to make a recording yet. I have this camera clipped to the top of my monitor, staring me with it's little eye.

Seasons of the Uke 229 had a lot of Hawaiian songs. Most much better than mine.

Happy Birthday Cassie!:shaka::cheers::music:

happy birthday cassie!

i hope to bring you something a little more to your taste, but in the meantime, i couldn't resist a quick hendrix fix!

"happy birthday", original by curtis knight, with jimi hendrix

when the birthday girl started this thread
i asked her, what will it be like?
will there be heavy metal? will there be punk?
here's what she said to me...

que sera sera

You did very well! What chords did you use? I'm trying to learn that one also. I have to tell you that my favorite rock song is Mamma's got a squeezebox by the who. Maybe we can come up with a homemade version called Mamma's got a uke. I'll start it out for you. Mamma's got a uke that she sits on her lap. That's a rock song that I like. If anybody knows that one, feel free to add it. Ah snap! I need to get to sleep because I have a doctor's appointment in the morning which is really messed up because I won't be able to spend the morning checking out all the surprises that await me tonight while I sleep. Lol. Now I can't sleep. I'm really charged up. I love hearing your voice. I've got 3 more days left until the big day and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Cassie I love birthday parties! Early happy one! I'd make you a recording but I don't know how.

You did very well! What chords did you use? I'm trying to learn that one also. I have to tell you that my favorite rock song is Mamma's got a squeezebox by the who. Maybe we can come up with a homemade version called Mamma's got a uke. I'll start it out for you. Mamma's got a uke that she sits on her lap.
thank you!! i used G D G for the verses. and C G D G D G for the chorus.

squeezebox! i love the who! mama's got a uke... she strums it up and down and up and down and etc etc etc! yes we'll have to do something with that!!!

Top Bottom