Grateful Dead "Tiger" Ukulele

I left facebook 5 years ago.

Facebook fear is a new one to me. Is it just Facebook or all social media like say free ukulele forums or even YouTube? ;)

Thanks for posting the pictures here! The kitty yields bonus points for an already intriguing instrument! :)

(As for FB, I only use it for work-related purposes, so I appreciate that you added the photos here also.)

No problem.
Some of the other forums you cannonly post links. That's why I started using Facebook in the first place.

Hey now!
That is one sweet looking ukulele!
Nice job!

Many folks on UU do not use Facebook, and those folks will not be able to see your work. Maybe you can post some photos here on UU or elsewhere and link to them (imgur, flickr, photobucket, etc)

For many it's not a matter of 'just create an account' because Facebook is notorious for terrible violations of a users privacy, and some folks prefer not to submit to such terms.

I'm with you on most of this, but the OP's FaceBook page is actually set to "Public" which means it can be viewed without having an account.

Oh I agree with everything you say about being tracked but using adblock plus I do not see the ads that are targeted to me. I also dont think myself or anyone posting to a ukulele forum are interesting enough to get into any trouble from the gubment.

I wasn't a dead head so I honestly learned something from this cool ukulele being built and posted about.

I use facebook mostly for business and losing ignorant real life friends for speaking the truth. Most of us use YouTube and I assure you they are tracking us as well.

I just choose not to fear the what ifs in life.

Forgot to add: Does anyone think they are doing anything but collecting and selling your data when they take your credit information and sell you a tuner for $1?

I have to look is there a dead song being played on this ukulele in this thread?

~AL~

What makes Google's algorithms work is based solely on compiling data to determine efficiently what the user is looking for. Google has enhanced everyone's life immeasurably and in ways we can't even imagine. I remember the good old days before data technology and they weren't nearly as good as the times we are living in now. My iPhone is a magical gift from the gods. I have all of the compiled knowledge of the known universe in my pocket at all times and it's easy to access.
I know I sacrifice some privacy by using the internet but the benefits vastly out weigh the loss.
Everyone is entitled to decide what sites work for them. But we're all on the internet right now and chances are your use of Google has had a great impact on your decision to start and continue playing the ukulele. If it weren't for free Tabs and video lessons that I found in google searches, I would have given up on the uke along time ago.
I also love the data analysis that I get from my Facebook fan page. I like to know which of my instruments people like and whether there male/female, age, where they are from... Thanks to facebook my ukuleles have been seen on six continents. That is freaking awesome.
Sorry for the rant but obviously I love technology and feel it has been the greatest gift to our generation.

Last edited:
I really s was looking to turn this post into a discussion about Google and Facebook. I just want to show some pictures of my ukulele.

I really s was looking to turn this post into a discussion about Google and Facebook. I just want to show some pictures of my ukulele.

Please accept my apologies for derailing the thread. I've deleted all of my previous posts that were not on topic.

I'm truly sorry for having caused any distress.

Please carry on...:music:

I got a violin now .....be afraid.....be verrrrrry afraid:wtf::biglaugh::stop:

Top Bottom