Kala Accacia Tenor arrived :)

paw123los

Reaction score
Kala Accacia Tenor arrived :) - updated with photos

Yes, it happened yesterday.

I try to write something about that instrument:

This is display instrument, that Risa had for show on MusikMesse - it doesn't event have the kala stricker inside the instrument, so it is propably one of the first. The accacia wood is gorgeous it also has a very speciffic smell which I find quite nice. It is a very good craftmanship, no finishing flaws or defects. The frets could be polished a little better - but I can do this on my own so that is not a problem. The rope-like inlay around the sound hole and all around the uke is very nice. It has very nice geared grover tuners on it's slotted headstock.
It came with aquila strings which I am not so happy about. I'm a classical guitarist for most of my life I can't get used to that feel and sound that those strings give when I pluck them with my fingernails. I'm thinking about changing them to D'Addario strings.
The tone is full and very nice. I don't find it to mellow. This uke is really loud, I don't know how loud are the spruce models but this one i the loudest of all the ukes I have. It has a passive underaddle pickup but it was installed for me custom by Risa - it sounds very nice amplified.
What was most suprising to me is that it is extremely comfortable and easy to play.

348n695.jpg

263h6l4.jpg

2igkt9e.jpg

30w80ox.jpg

If you consider buying this uke - go for it. The frets need a little setup (but maybe only on my instrument), but I'm sure that when MGM will be selling these, they will be perfectly prepared.

Video with a sound sample here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPDXHAlIZwg
Sorry for the bad quality. I realy need to buy a new webcam and a mic.

Last edited:
FEED the NEED!

Normally I would say,"OMG I NEED THIS UKE"

but my UAS is satisfied for a while.

(3 hours)

:D

Yeah I thought it would be very mellow(being similar to Hawaiian Koa) because I like very mellow/soft sounding ukulele, what wood is it comparable to?

Top Bottom