Fishman Infinity Matrix Vs LR Baggs 50?

KuleleMan

Reaction score
Aloha Gang,

On my ukes I currently run fishman Infinity Matrix uke pickups with volume controls. Been out of the seen for some years and now everyone's running the lr baggs 50 pickup?

Any one own both? Please share your thoughts.

Mahalo

Anyone? From what i can see. Is that the 50 has lithium battery sand takes up less space compared to the matrix. But performance and quality and real world experiences.?

All I can comment on is the LR Baggs 5.0 as I have them installed in 6 instrutments. They are excellent and many people consider it the best uke pick up on the market at the moment. The sound is as close to natural as I have heard from an under saddle pickup and I really like the volume wheel. I have never played Fishman Matrix so I cannot make any kind of comparison

All I can comment on is the LR Baggs 5.0 as I have them installed in 6 instrutments. They are excellent and many people consider it the best uke pick up on the market at the moment. The sound is as close to natural as I have heard from an under saddle pickup and I really like the volume wheel. I have never played Fishman Matrix so I cannot make any kind of comparison

AS per what DuD says above....

Also, LOTS and LOTS of folks like the Mi-Si Acoustic Trio uke pickup, that and the LR BAGGS Five.O are the top 2 under-saddle pickup favorites, along with the K&K Aloha Twin or Big Spot as surface transducer pickups.

In the 3 yrs I've been on UU, I've never seen anyone mention, nor a preference for the Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup on a uke, but that does not mean the preference does not exist, just that I've not seen it here, and I try to keep my eyes peeled for pickup discussions...

I think more people are using the Mi-Si Trio than the Baggs 5.0. I've got both on various ukes and while the Mi-Si is good enough for most situations the Baggs 5.0 is definitely a more natural sound and yes having the volume control is handy.

Top Bottom