Here I Still Am

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Well, today (7/20/2016) is the day; I'm 80 years old, still above ground and still whacking away at my Ukes. Though the music pages may be a bit more fuzzy and the tunes may be a bit more difficult to hear, I'm still strummin' away.

I found out yesterday that I'm not the most senior Uker; there's one other who's 85. Are there any other octogenarians in the UU? I'd like to hear from 'em, if there are.

Today we're gonna have bacon cheeseburgers and fries (forbidden fruit!) and a beer or two for my Birthday Feast. I hope the indigestion won't be too horrible.

Anyway, I really would like to hear from any other Golden Oldie UKers. :eek:ld:

Sorry we are not twins bro' but I am gonna wish you a happy birthday anyways. Enjoy the feast and any gastric happening there after :cheers:

My wife (of 61 years 7/20) and I beat you to the 80 yr mark by about 6 months. Like they say, it's only a number. We discovered the joy of ukuleles about 4 1/2 years ago and they have brought us much pleasure. Maybe the door has closed on all the physical adventures of our youth but a door has opened for many other personal rewards. At our little uke session this evening we'll toast your well being. Happy birthday.

Happy Birthday....I'm only going to be 75, but I still understand "fuzzy" and "hard to hear" Congrats and keep on strumming. I think it keeps us feeling at least a little younger, especially when we make someone smile when we do it.

Happy B'day, Dick! Hang in there...we have a lady in our Ukulele Club who is 94!

I will turn 69 in a month or so. I also have only recently picked up the ukulele. I have little musical talent but I am enjoying the journey and all the new friends I have met. Keep strumming Dowhn Up Dick. You are an inspiration. Maybe when I reach 80 I'll be able to play half way decent if I keep working on it.
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday and here's wishing you many more to come. I'm not eighty yet but am no spring chicken. I'm hoping for at least a couple more decades of uke fun. I'm gonna have a cheeseburger today and wash it down with some suds and toast your continued good health. Have a great day!

Happy birthday!!

I teach an 84 year old who has recovered from two strokes and a heart problem. She says playing the ukulele keeps her young. She's amazing.

Happy Birthday, @Down Up Dick!

Lots of great places in SoCal for a delicious burger!

Happy Birthday! You're an inspiration. It's great to keep learning and enjoying things at any age.

HA! My wife bought me a pair of bib-overalls to wear while banging away at my banjolele/banjos. Next I'll have to get an appointment with the dentist to have one of my front teeth pulled out--yee hah!
:eek:ld:

Happy Birthday!!!

Happy birthday again Dick. :D Keep up the good work.

Happy Birthday, enjoy the day!

Top Bottom