Aaron Oya Tenor

cml

Reaction score
This just appeared in my Vimeo feed when I was watching the HMS channel, and I wanted to repost it here:
http://www.theukulelesite.com/aaron-oya-custom-spruce-koa-tenor-1-16.html

Aaron, what a fantastic sound and it's looks are to die for. Someone who can afford it will be very lucky indeed.
Thanks Sam & CML.

Those that know my builds, know that this one was rare (it's sold), as I usually build with Spruce tops. Andrew actually has it featured on his opening page, so Corey's got a few views on the relatively long sound sample.

Here's the link to Vimeo for an easier view. The recording is really good (listen through headphones or good speakers) and there were a few comments on that when I posted the build on the OLF.
https://vimeo.com/175416845

Last edited:
Congrats Aaron..i hear this uke went out to Singapore.....

Eh Aaron, you one of the few OG still around since UU wen staht! Ohne one handful still ste. Anywayz, just like say Much Mahalos fo hangin and fo all da info an insight you wen offa since. Lookin forward to mo .... Tanks Brah!

Hey Aaron,

You should build more like this one. It was fabulous.

Did it offer a radius fretboard?

And do you offer sound ports?

I am looking for a sweet re entrant like this.

Thanks.

Hey Aaron,

You should build more like this one. It was fabulous.

Did it offer a radius fretboard?

And do you offer sound ports?

I am looking for a sweet re entrant like this.

Thanks.

Thanks Sam, appreciate your comments.

I've done a radius fretboard - 1 only.
I've done a soundport - 1 only (still yet to be finished, from 6 years ago).
I've done a high g - 1 only, sort of. Long story: suffice to say it ended up low g.

That said, if you're looking for those specific specs, I'm sure Andrew or Shawn can be on the lookout and match you either with the right instrument, or the right builder. I'd love to put my name on your list, but with your specs, I know there's someone else that should match you better, right now. . .

Last edited:
Eh Aaron, you one of the few OG still around since UU wen staht! Ohne one handful still ste. Anywayz, just like say Much Mahalos fo hangin and fo all da info an insight you wen offa since. Lookin forward to mo .... Tanks Brah!

My bruddah I dig the OG moniker. Thanks to you guys for keeping this up, and allowing us to share our craft.

Gets a little testy some times with a small handful of noobs that question our knowledge, but I usually try to abstain. . .its unfortunate that we've lost a few really good & experienced builders, but thats the way it goes.

I learned from watching a few of them, and if we stay in the lounge, we're okay, even if there's "discussion".

Eh, one of dees times wen go back and visit I goin drop in wen you guys play at Nico's. Me an da Mrs usually end up on da outta islands and den coppo days in Honolulu fo TCB an one quiet visit wit my folks and grandparents @ Mililani. So no be saprised wen one OG come up an introduce himself. Take Kea my Braddah!

Thanks Sam, appreciate your comments.

I've done a radius fretboard - 1 only.
I've done a soundport - 1 only (still yet to be finished, from 6 years ago).
I've done a high g - 1 only, sort of. Long story: suffice to say it ended up low g.

That said, if you're looking for those specific specs, I'm sure Andrew or Shawn can be on the lookout and match you either with the right instrument, or the right builder. I'd love to put my name on your list, but with your specs, I know there's someone else that should match you better, right now. . .

Thanks for the feed back.

You make great Ukes.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom