FS: Pono Pro Classic Tenor RTC Spruce Top with Misi and Gotoh UPT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam13

Reaction score
THE UKE IS SOLD. THANK YOU UU.

Hello All,

Like many of you, I have collected a few too many Ukes which have been sitting a bit while new Ukes arrive and get more love.

I have a beautiful Pono Pro Classic RTC Spruce Top for sale. It is currently strung with a wound 4th Low G, and Warm Oasis Fluorocarbons.

I really love the Engelmann Spruce top with the Rosewood. It offers the warmth with brightness and tonal colour and sustain making a perfect mix. (I have a 2nd Pono Pro Classic Tenor same model but it isn't in the same great condition to sell so I will keep it.)

It is in excellent condition, with only a few very minor marks as I have tried to show them by pictures. Also, a few very minor scratches on the back, but you need to hold the back in certain light to see them.

I also had a Misi pick up added, and the Gotoh UPT tuners added. On the back of the head stock, the holes are filled in ... doesn't bother me as the Gotoh UPT's are a dream to work with.

I bought this from Hawaii Feb 2015 and I am the first and only owner. It has been humidified continuously and if it wasn't been played it was kept in its hard Oahu case.

Please note:

• Solid Engelmann Spruce top, Solid Rosewood back and sides
  • Koa top and back bindings
  • Rosewood faceplate, Radius Macassar Ebony fingerboard and bridge
  • Abalone rosette, Pearl fingerboard position dots
  • Bone nut and saddle.
  • Venetian Cutaway
  • Gloss finish
  • Includes Deluxe case and setup
  • Total length: 26-38”
  • Body Length: 12-1/16”
  • Body width/Upper bout/Lower bout: 6-1/2” 8-15/16”
  • Body Depth upper bout/Lower bout: 2-9/16” 3-1/8”
  • Fingerboard width at nut and 12th fret: 1-3/8” 1-11/16”
  • Soundhole diameter: 2-5/8”
  • Scale length: 16-15/16”

From HMS's site:

RTC List: $879
MISI: $159
Gotoh Tuners: $59

Total: $1,038.59 USD.

I am selling it for $XXX.XX USD with Shipping Included to Continental USA or Canada. PayPal only. You pay the fee.

I will ship with the Pono Hard case, an oasis humidifier and include a strap.

The only trades I would consider are:

Tenors: Kamaka, KoAloha or Mya Moe Tenors. +/- some cash.

Thank you for reading.

Uke On.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
More photos ... showing the very small dings or marks ... again with a dab of oil they would disappear.

Also, a small scratch by the strap button.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I can personally vouch for this instrument and the honesty that Simon has used in showing the condition. I have handled it and played it many times. Like all Pono spruce and rosewood tenor ukes it has a great sound and excellent playability.

Thanks, guys ... it is in great condition. I just lowered the price to move this along.

Cheers.

Sigh...so hard to see my dream uke passing by and not be able to afford it...

Sigh...so hard to see my dream uke passing by and not be able to afford it...

Sell something: A dog, cat, car, boat, ... Ukulele ... lol.

It has great tone ... and I am a fussy owner.

Great deal, great uke, great guy! Someone will be very happy with this. If you have never tried spruce/rosewood, you owe it to yourself. It has been a classic wood combo for a reason, the sound!

I would sell my Kamoa tenor I just bought but I doubt I would get much for it...Maybe I can sell my classical guitar and cajon as well, clean out the music closet lol...

Expect a quick and easy transaction with this gentleman. His descriptions are thorough and you will get what he says you will get. Pull the trigger.

Sent you a PM.

Are you sure you want to part with this uke? It's one of your favourite!
Simon takes great care of his instruments , he takes pride of his beloved ukes . Every one of them have a name, he loves them like they are his children.

This is very true but like all parents there are times when you would like to sell your children. There are times you would like to just give them away.

Ukes are different, they don't give you attitude.

Just singing in the rain ... with a classy Uke!

Last edited:
Andrew is just posting a new one if you like at HMS ... but it doesn't come with UPT Gotoh Tuner's, nor a MISI as this beauty does ... and it is more expensive.

Kalei does a great job with the Uke ...

https://vimeo.com/177834208

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom