Anybody else??

UKESTAR

Reaction score
Anybody else simply forget strum or picking sections/parts of songs?

Is there a technique used to memorize other than just playing the song a hundred times, for example?

Last edited:
practice choke

and talent.

Something is always playing in my head.

agree practice practice n practice non-stop so u'll get used to it

I would say practice aswell, but the thing is that i can't. I can't sit there for more than 1hour playing because i suck. And can only play like 5 songs, not even that. Gets to your head.

how can you not pactice LMAO!

patience may be an issue,

I tried to teach this one guy and he kept giving up, he would try and after every screw up, curse and say f this. hahha

for some people it just doesnt work.

The magic of practice is that your fingers develop their own memory. After thirty years of not playing the piano, we got one for my son and I sat down and was astonished to hear myself playing a Grade One recital piece. It was my fingers, not me, playing. Weird and rather wonderful.

The longer you play (not each session, but in the long term.. say ears) any musical instrument, the easier it is to memorize a piece. What helps is not just leaving all the work to your fingers to memorize, but giving memorization a conscious effort. It helps me out...

My issue is that I will get a song down. Play it fine for a couple of days. Third day......for whatever reason.....a section of the song completely vanishes from memory.

Have to end up looking at the tabs or whatever I am using to figure it out.
I am usually just barely off though......enough to ruin the song though:mad:

Sounds like I just need to play it thru more times to develop complete finger muscle memory....

It's easier said than done, but my goal with any instrument is to make music come as naturally as humming a tune in my head. You may not believe the advice I got from some of the local jazz musicians here but ...

Play scales -- all 12 keys -- every day. It's kind of "old school" but you can't deny the results. When the muscle memory is developed for the notes, picking and strumming become more natural as you are making music as opposed to playing music

Anybody else simply forget strum or picking sections/parts of songs?

Is there a technique used to memorize other than just playing the song a hundred times, for example?
keep repeating it in your head 1000 times..

worked when i learned over the rainbow on iamhawaii.com
the less advanced version that is, down down up, up down up, up down up, up down up.

:D :D

Top Bottom