joe brown

ukukulele

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has seen Joe Brown singing "i'll see you in my dreams" look it up on youtube, beautiful song playing his ukulele, i think Joe sang this at the George Harrison tribute concert, as i am sure you all know George was a massive ukulele fan all his life, due to a certain George Formby

Yeah, I play this song. It's a favorite.

I suppose "I'll see you in my dreams" by Joe Brown is the most famous version
but I came across a wonderful version recorded on a cameraphone by Banjojock
who also made reference to a version by Mark Occhionero

If you want to have a bash at it then the Chords can be found here

oh i see, i am a newbie to the world of ukulele, although joe brown has been around longer than the beatles, didnt know if any americans had heard much of him, as he is very old fashioned cockney geezer.

I suppose "I'll see you in my dreams" by Joe Brown is the most famous version
but I came across a wonderful version recorded on a cameraphone by Banjojock
who also made reference to a version by Mark Occhionero

If you want to have a bash at it then the Chords can be found here

Thanks so much for the links! I was, until now, unfamiliar with Joe Brown and this song. I watched the videos and looked at the chord sheet....22 different chords in one song! :eek:

Some day I may give it a go, as it is the type of song I like, but I'll have to listen to it over and over again first to learn the melody and the lyrics. Thanks, again....

We play this in my band. I'd like to do it nice and slow like Joe does it, but our sax player prefers to do it a bit more briskly so he can segue straight into it from 'Sweet Georgia Brown'.

I don't fight the issue as his medley actually does work nicely. Means I have to keep on my toes with the quicker chord changes though! :music:

Lovely song either way.

I've heard the Mark Occhionero version but not the other two. Mahalo. ;)

Joe's version is top notch. That whole show was great, in fact. It's probably my favorite concert DVD ever. For those who don't know, there is also an amazing ukulele version of "Something" in that show as well.

Just wondered if anyone has seen Joe Brown singing "i'll see you in my dreams" look it up on youtube, beautiful song playing his ukulele, i think Joe sang this at the George Harrison tribute concert, as i am sure you all know George was a massive ukulele fan all his life, due to a certain George Formby

OH yeah, George loved the ukulele. He originally wrote,"Here Comes the Sun", with an ukulele in Eric Clapton's backyard lol.

i have never seen the george harrison tribute concert, the clip i saw of joe brown on youtube, was the jools holland show, live on tv

Great tune, and Joe's is a fine version of this standard. Plenty of versions of this tune around, but not all of them on uke. I like to pick up the pace to swing time when the intro is done, when I play it.

The Concert For George is a historically significant show, and everyone should see it at least once.

I just ran across this cover of Joe's version which, apart from being a great cover, makes it easy to see the fingering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KxtvFsTzE

This guy usually plays guitar and it's well worth checking out his other videos...his guitar playing and vocals are both sublime.

Top Bottom