NUD Ohana SK-75R

JeLeh

Reaction score
This is my first NUD post, so hopefully I got it right!

I received my Ohana SK-75R from Mim on Wednesday. So, this NUD is a few days late, but this weekend is the first I've had time to devote to really playing with it. It's a soprano solid spruce top with solid rosewood back and sides. I really love the grain on the rosewood, and its happy-sounding tone! It sounds much different than my other ukes, which are all solid mahogany. This is good so I can justify owning yet another uke! ;) The set-up from Mim is excellent, of course, so it plays like a dream.

I know Ohanas aren't the most expensive ukes, but I think they're an excellent value for the money. This is my fourth one and I haven't been the least bit disappointed in any of them.

Attachments

• sk75r back close.jpg
    sk75r back close.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 46
  • sk75r back.jpg
    sk75r back.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 39
  • sk75r front close.jpg
    sk75r front close.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 55
  • sk75r front.jpg
    sk75r front.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 48
  • sk75r side.jpg
    sk75r side.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 31
Congrats on the new baby!

Will you bless us with a video or sound sample? :music:

Mahalo :)

Congrats on the new baby!

Will you bless us with a video or sound sample? :music:

Mahalo :)

Thank you! Oh, I don't think that would be considered a blessing after you heard my playing ;). I'm still not much more than a beginner and wouldn't do it justice. Here's a link to a sound sample I listened to while deciding on it though.

Congrats! I also own three Ohanas and rehomed another (all but one purchased from Mim), and I love 'em. I do not currently have UAS, but the next uke I buy will be the SK-28. It looks sooooo nice.

Congrats! It's nice to have some different sounds when one is fortunate enough to own more than one uke. Enjoy!

Congrats! I also own three Ohanas and rehomed another (all but one purchased from Mim), and I love 'em. I do not currently have UAS, but the next uke I buy will be the SK-28. It looks sooooo nice.

Thanks! I really like the SK-28! It has a really unique look, and a sweet sound.

Really pretty grain on those sides.

I love my little Sopranissimo and sense another Ohana from Mim in my future.

Play with joy!

Congratulations JeLeh, that looks very cute! I love this combination of woods, and you don't see that on a soprano very often.

I hadn't seen this model before. Looks and sounds like a fantastic choice! :)

Thank you! Oh, I don't think that would be considered a blessing after you heard my playing ;). I'm still not much more than a beginner and wouldn't do it justice. Here's a link to a sound sample I listened to while deciding on it though.

Thanks for the link! Seems like a real sweet uke! ENJOY IT! :p

Really pretty grain on those sides.

I love my little Sopranissimo and sense another Ohana from Mim in my future.

Play with joy!

Thanks! I think it's really pretty!

I love the look of the sopranissimo! It's so adorable!

Congratulations JeLeh, that looks very cute! I love this combination of woods, and you don't see that on a soprano very often.

Yes, I was pleased to find it. My dad owned a Martin acoustic with spruce and rosewood, so I thought this was sort of a nice tribute to him. Plus, I liked the look and sound :)

Thanks! I thought it was a unique combination, and I didn't know of any other brands that offered it.

Congrats JeLeh! Yeah, Ohanas are pretty hard to beat for the money. I'm sure you play just fine.

Top Bottom