FS: Ono Adirondack Spruce and Bolivian Rosewood Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
With recent additions, it becomes a challenge in deciding which ones to keep and which ones to let go. As I learn more and get nicer instruments, the decisions become even harder in that they all have something wonderful to offer.

With the stable I currently have, I have decided to make someone extremely happy and offer my Ono Tenor #28

This is from the Ono site.

http://www.onoukes.com/gallery/#/uke28/

Instead of reinventing the wheel, I have permission from the previous owner to use his post.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ood-and-Adirondack-Spruce-top&highlight=tenor

Also, a thorough and comprehensive comparison with a much pricier Uke was conducted with this actual Uke and a Collings. Read through it and see how well the Ono compared.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...(blind-samples)&highlight=collings+comparison

David Ingalls,the builder of these Ukes, is an absolutely wonderful man to work with and his Ukes deserve all the accolades they get. The prices are higher now and they are definitely worth it. His website says there is about a year wait.

The condition is just as received which is wonderful. I am very thorough in my descriptions, sometimes more than necessary so here goes.

Items of note.

1) The action is low, so the C string has a slight buzz when plucking hard. Easy to correct. Adjustments to the saddle or nut should do it. I accept this because I like it low and you have to pluck really hard to hear it.

2) At the top of the body on the back, something I would never be able to photograph, is an extremely thin scratch. It is only visible when you search for it with a strong light.

3) Strap pins were added.

It comes with a well made case.

I am not looking to profit. I am not looking to lose either. I paid $750, which is my firm asking price, plus shipping & PayPal fees or PayPal Friends & Family to avoid the PP fee.

Plenty of references here. Have confidence working with me.

Last edited:
Rappsy is tremendous to work with. I have bought from him and the Uke was excellently packed and was exactly as described.

The prices are higher now and they are definitely worth it. His website says there is about a year wait...I am not looking to profit. I am not looking to lose either. I paid $750, which is my firm asking price

Five hours and this is still here? What's wrong with you people? ;)

Save several hundred dollars (probably 4 or 5) and jump to the head of the line on an as-new Ono? And with Hodge and Rappsy mojo included? No brainer.

Let me tell you Lenny, if I played tenor, this ukulele would have been long gone. Someone is going to be very happy.

Save several hundred dollars (probably 4 or 5) and jump to the head of the line on an as-new Ono? And with Hodge and Rappsy mojo included? No brainer.

Agreed! I love my Ono - incredible bargains so find one used at a reasonable price turbocharges the "bargainess." ;-)

I well remember the Ono vs Collings blind sound off and most people picked the Ono, myself included. If I had not just bought the I'iwi this ukulele would be on it's way to my house. I love my Ono 16" concert, David Ingalls makes great instruments, Lenny is great to deal with and this is at a super great price.

I feel like I need this uke. I haven't bought here before. How do I pm you

I feel like I need this uke. I haven't bought here before. How do I pm you

You can click on somebody's screen name, one on of the options will be to PM. You can also go to Private Messages, which you'll see just below the red menu bar (What's New, Forum, Support the Forum and Learn to Play the Ukulele).

Rappsy is tremendous to work with. I have bought from him and the Uke was excellently packed and was exactly as described.

Let me tell you Lenny, if I played tenor, this ukulele would have been long gone. Someone is going to be very happy.

Agreed! I love my Ono - incredble bargains so find one used at a reasonable price turbocharges the "bargainess." ;-)

I well remember the Ono vs Collings blind sound off and most people picked the Ono, myself included. If I had not just bought the I'iwi this ukulele would be on it's way to my house. I love my Ono 16" concert, David Ingalls makes great instruments, Lenny is great to deal with and this is at a super great price.

Thanks for all the nice words and wishes to Simon, Dave, Jim, Steve and Eddie.. It is appreciated that you would take the time to support the sale.

Last edited:
Aloha rappsy! Technology is my natural enemy. Ugh.... I managed to send a pm back to you with my address, I think. And I sent the money through PayPal. Let me know that you got my address!!! Thanks sooooo much

It's all good. The beautiful Uke and the mojo of it's great builder David Ingalls, is now sold.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help Eddie. I can now pm! Woohoo! I am super excited to play this beauty. The uke was such a great deal, if I should ever her, which I cannot imagine right now, hehe, I will sell her here. Thanks community! It feels like Christmas Eve Eve Eve!!!

Thanks for the help Eddie. I can now pm! Woohoo! I am super excited to play this beauty. The uke was such a great deal, if I should ever her, which I cannot imagine right now, hehe, I will sell her here. Thanks community! It feels like Christmas Eve Eve Eve!!!

... and on that happy note, this thread is now closed.

Enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom