The Art Moderne

bonesigh

Reaction score
Hello all. I acquired this uke some years ago and I'm thinking of selling it but don't know what to sell it for. The only time I found info on this uke was on ebay a while ago. That one sold for around 400 (I think) and was not as nice as mine. Mine plays well too considering the usual high action of the older ukes from the 30's. Now IDK if that price was even reasonable or someone just wanted it. I want to be fair but also get top dollar because I've had some expenses due to kitten rescue. I LIKE having this uke but I don't NEED it. What say you all??

art deco uke2.jpgView attachment 92879

I say it's beautiful. Good luck!

ArtModUke.jpg

Originally cost $3 if that helps - when was it made, how much has inflation increased, add rarity value, = $?

(Click on image to see original details.)

"$3.00 in 1930 had about the same buying power as $41.25 in 2016. Annual inflation over this period was about 3.09%."

If ya got $82.50 for it, that would only be 86 years to double your money! Score! Lol ;)

Glad you did the math Xtra. I'm no good at it. Wow, your right....after 86 years of being played this thing has a super sound :) LOL!

Really though. Looks like I might be keeping this one after all.

Wow, what an interesting uke! I can't believe that a real wooden uke could be bought for $3! That's incredible. Looks like a keeper to me, the sale would barely pay the shipping cost!

I'm glad you're keeping this one. It is so unique, and I'm sure it has such great sentimental value that it was hard to consider letting it go.

What kind of kitten rescue do you do? I'll send you a donation if Paypal is okay.

Top Bottom