WTB: 6-string concert ukulele

Ananas

Reaction score
Hello everybody! :)

I am looking for a 6-string ukulele with a concert-scale. I am aware these are not easy to find. There once was an Oscar Schmidt OU-26 in concert size, while today there is only the OU-26T tenor ukulele available. :(

I'd be grateful for every helpful response. :)

Have a great week,

Chris

Ohana is supposed to be coming out with a 6-string and an 8-string concert anytime now. I'm anxious to see either one. Last I heard was May, but haven't seen anything or heard anything. Think they will be a CK-35-6 and CK-35-8...

here's a demo of the 8-string:

Also, I think Kanile'a builds a 6 and 8 string concert.

Ohana is supposed to be coming out with a 6-string and an 8-string concert anytime now. I'm anxious to see either one. Last I heard was May, but haven't seen anything or heard anything. Think they will be a CK-35-6 and CK-35-8...

I too have been eagerly awaiting these. I have had a few communications with Mim and she indicated August. I was planning on following up with her in a couple weeks.

I have a 6-String KoAloha for sale. Tenor

UkerDanno & WCBarnes, thank you, that's really exciting news! Looking forward for more information! :)

Howie1947's, thank you for your kind offer. :) I really need a concert-sized one, however. Good luck for your sale! :)

Cheers,

Chris

It appears that Ohana brought out a new 5 string concert instead of a 6 string. See MIMS. I think I kind of got the ball rolling on their new Taropatch and have been waiting for them patiently. Perhaps next month as I understand. I got lucky a while back and picked up a Mele solid mahogany concert 6 string with their cool, retro style binding. Awesome.

Also, I think Kanile'a builds a 6 and 8 string concert.

I'd be interested in a Kanile'a 8-string concert taropatch! I had no idea that they made them.

Thanks UkerDanno !!!

I'd be interested in a Kanile'a 8-string concert taropatch! I had no idea that they made them.

Thanks UkerDanno !!!

I had no idea either! If you go to their site it states they can "Add any amount of strings to your new 'ukulele making it a multiple stringed instrument." There is an upcharge depending on the number of strings you want to add. Very cool!

For my ears, A Kanilea 8 string blows away any other 8 string I've heard. If I wanted to pay that much for a taropatch, there wouldn't even be anything else in the running.

Kanilea can only provide either an 8-string in a tenor scale w/tenor body, or a long-neck concert tenor scale w/ concert body.

This is per their Customer Service Department in response to my inquiry about a Concert sized Taropatch.

Gonna say fat chance but if you decide you can fret a tenor I have a solid koa Pono 6 string(no longer in production) that sounds really nice with an adjustable truss rod, hard shell case, humidifier & all for around half the cost of a KoAloha. Private message me.

Top Bottom