NUD: Cocobolo Concert

thereadinghouse

Reaction score
I was so excited to find this Cocobolo Concert uke and had to have it. It's beautiful and sounds fantastic! I've never played a ukulele with a side port. I really like it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 33
Excellent find, Andrea! You are going to love it more and more everyday, trust me. I'd never played a ukulele with a sound port until my Cocobolo. It really adds to my enjoyment of that big resonant sound. I hope yours sounds just as fabulous.

Welcome to the Cocobolo family. Side ports were not an option when I got mine. Not that I'm jealous at all. Nah, not me. :p

Congrats. They really do make distinctive, and well regarded instruments. Enjoy!

Sounds like you need another Cocobolo!

Haha! Yeah. Actually I think yours has all the extra features I would have gotten had they been available at the time. Isn't Pineapple #1 also 16" scale with side port and pickup? But 16" was the main thing I was looking for, so no real complaints.

Yes! 16" scale with sound port and pickup.

And, like every Cocobolo, freakishly fabulous wood grain and incredibly comfortable neck.

And, like every Cocobolo, freakishly fabulous wood grain and incredibly comfortable neck.

That's what I noticed the most, I think. It's incredibly comfortable to play. And, at least for me, the set up is perfect. I can get those barred chords to ring out perfectly on it.

That's what I noticed the most, I think. It's incredibly comfortable to play. And, at least for me, the set up is perfect. I can get those barred chords to ring out perfectly on it.

Congratulations, once you experience a sound port you are spoiled forever. Does your Cocobolo have a radiused fretboard?

Pretty sure that's a standard feature Dave.

I thought it did, just wasn't 100% sure. A radius fret board makes a huge difference for me when it comes to making barr chords easy. Seems "thereadinghouse" has discovered that as well.

Last edited:
Congrats to the OP for the new addition to your uke famliy!

Andrea, congratulations and welcome to the Cocobolo family! Isn't that uke just a pure gas? The thing I like most is that they are each very unique. Now my friend Annie has one, so there are 2 of them in town!
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. It's hard to put down.

Top Bottom