PDA

View Full Version : i need a diffrent guitar :P

Regster
03-11-2008, 07:07 PM
well basically i just want a guitar with smaller neck n smaller body it have to be dreadnought n not classical n im low on budget so i prolly say 200 down, is there such thing?

suggestion n comments are appreciated

Misguided Musician
03-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Well it's possible. I've seen a few Fenders for less than $200 and the guitar I'm currently using everyday, I got for about $100. It was called an Ibanez Acoustic Jam Pack. It's okay and it does the job. You can also hit up e-bay or your local pawn shops. You can find some really nice guitars for a good price that prolly just need new strings and some buffering.

Regster
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Well it's possible. I've seen a few Fenders for less than $200 and the guitar I'm currently using everyday, I got for about $100. It was called an Ibanez Acoustic Jam Pack. It's okay and it does the job. You can also hit up e-bay or your local pawn shops. You can find some really nice guitars for a good price that prolly just need new strings and some buffering.

ibanez are good guitars but does that have a smaller neck cuz i got the seagul s6 20 aniv. cedar n it has a big neck, i have small fingers so i kinda have problems with barre chords, i can still do them but its pretty hard n its not only that i just wanna play a guitar with a smaller neck so i could see what guitar fits me the most, i heard alvarez have smaller necks compare to other guitars but im still not sure that's just what i heard, also when i went to the music store last week ive seen a used takamine for 99 bucks but i didnt play it so i have no idea if it have a small neck

AdamTheHobo
03-17-2008, 02:23 PM
well to really tell what guitar fits you, you have to go to ur local music store and play as many as you can

Misguided Musician
03-17-2008, 02:48 PM
ibanez are good guitars but does that have a smaller neck cuz i got the seagul s6 20 aniv. cedar n it has a big neck, i have small fingers so i kinda have problems with barre chords, i can still do them but its pretty hard n its not only that i just wanna play a guitar with a smaller neck so i could see what guitar fits me the most, i heard alvarez have smaller necks compare to other guitars but im still not sure that's just what i heard, also when i went to the music store last week ive seen a used takamine for 99 bucks but i didnt play it so i have no idea if it have a small neck
the neck is pretty small because it's for beginners and it's easy to get used to. The size of the neck makes barring a breeze.

Bruce_B
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Try a Washburn D10S locally. They are very playable for around $200.

titoboy5
03-17-2008, 05:28 PM
jasmines are the cheap version of takamine or applause for ovation ,both have small necks and easy to play. i think they run for at least $100

Regster
03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
thanks for all ur help guys but im still not sure if im getting a new guitar cuz im going to be training for nurse aid next week, i just wanted a new guitar for my vacation n since its over i doubt i will have time to practice that much so my old guitar will probably do the job for me n i need to save my money