2009 KoAloha (Factory Second) Fishman Pickup Installed

Howie1947

Reaction score
I'm putting my beautiful 6-string tenor on the market. I have to sell it to help defray costs of new set of dentures. The uke has a date of 2009. It's in excellent condition except for minor "finish" blemish on the underside of the body. Hard to see in photos. No cracks, plays great. Just put new set of Worth brown strings on too. Asking $800.00. Buyer to pay shipping cost. Comes with hard case. Thanks, Howie.............special note........I purchased this from the late MGM. RIPIMG_0738.jpgIMG_0741.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I'm not in the market for this KoAloha (though wishing the seller good luck, I'm sure this baby will find a new home soon) – but I am curious: Where can one identify if an offered KoAloha is a factory second? I always was under the impression that the label directly under the sound hole is different and explicitly says "factory second" (saw such a photo a while I go, if I remember correctly) – now, looking at these photos, the label seems to be identical to the "normal" ones ... Can anybody clarify this for me? (For a potential future used KoAloha purchase on my side.)

I believe the black mark on the label marks it a factory second.

Ah, I see. The small one near the "A" of "KoAloha"? That's a very discreet mark for a factory second, as mentioned above: I thought the have special dedicated labels for those. (Maybe they have, though, and this one was sorted out later in the manufacturing process.)

Yeah, you seem to be correct – learned something today. Thanks for the link and the info!

Which Fishman pickup is intalled on this ukulele. Does it have the pre-amp to control tone and volumne?

Thanks

Top Bottom