Oasis Humidifier - LR Baggs 5.0 pickup

tw62862

Reaction score
I keep my solid wood ukuleles in the case, each with an Oasis humidifier (the type that hang from the strings into the sound hole).

Recently, I had a pickup installed in one of the my ukes (LR Baggs 5.0). As I was putting the uke in it's case today, I noticed that, when the humidifier is put in position, it is long enough to touch braided pickup wire that's coming down from the bridge.

Should I be concerned that I might bump it, or jar it?

The wire itself look like it has some slack. Still, just thought I'd ask the experts.

I'm not sure as to the pick-up wire issue, but since a leakage accident several years ago, I no longer use the string/sound hole attachment with my Oasis humidifiers. I either lay them down somewhere in the case or use the magnetic adapter.

I keep my solid wood ukuleles in the case, each with an Oasis humidifier (the type that hang from the strings into the sound hole).

Recently, I had a pickup installed in one of the my ukes (LR Baggs 5.0). As I was putting the uke in it's case today, I noticed that, when the humidifier is put in position, it is long enough to touch braided pickup wire that's coming down from the bridge.

Should I be concerned that I might bump it, or jar it?

The wire itself look like it has some slack. Still, just thought I'd ask the experts.
Mine does the same thing. I don't think about it much, but like Steve says, anything can happen I guess. But at least from my perspective, it is what it is and I don't worry about it.

You won't have to worry if you change it. Try putting it in with the tube facing the neck, if you aren't comfortable with that, use a case humidifier. You don't really want things bumping into electronics inside your instrument.

You won't have to worry if you change it. Try putting it in with the tube facing the neck, if you aren't comfortable with that, use a case humidifier. You don't really want things bumping into electronics inside your instrument.

I never thought about reversing the tube. Brilliant!
Thank you!

Top Bottom