Cracks on a Kamaka

padlin

Reaction score
Been watching ebay for buys on a concert size uke and I ran into this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kamaka-Solid-Koa-Hawaiian-Concert-Ukulele-2012-/272321171840?hash=item3f679b5180:g:4wMAAOSwMsVXjBqv

WHile I'm not interested in bidding o this one it did raise a question. If you take a look at the top of the uke it has a couple serious cracks on it. Question for anyone that might know such, is this the result you can expect if you do not keep your solid top ukes humidified or might there be another cause.

I almost wonder if someone stepped/sat on it (or was in the process of doing so and caught themselves).

This looks like a case of serious changes in humidity and possibly heat, as well. Please notice the PA location.
The shoddy repair job leads me to believe this person didn't care much for this uke either.
Also, did a dog gnaw on the headstock?

Lastly, look how thirsty the fretboard is too. This makes me sad.
Someone had a nice uke and trashed it.

Nothing like a little Elmer's glue finger smeared on the soundboard to fix her up! Quality repair work there!:biglaugh:

Maybe it got wet. Think If I werer to get one like this that had not been "repaired".

Top Bottom