FS: 20s Wurlitzer 2K & 20s Gibson Style 3

Buc-a-Roo

Reaction score
Got too many ukuleles! After a 3-year ukulele hiatus, I have recently purchased a new guitar and am ready to thin the uke herd. Here we have two fine examples of 20s builds in A+ condition. Both instruments have been serviced by Jake of Antebellum Instruments and there are links below to his blog write ups about his work on them.

mkoa-1.jpg Gibson 3.jpg

Early 20s Martin-built Wurlitzer 2K Asking $2400
Late 20s Gibson Style 3 Asking $2200

Both are superlative soprano instruments from the golden era of the ukulele and Jake's blog entries are much better photos and descriptions than I could muster. The Wurlitzer comes with an original case as shown, the Gibson in a gig bag. If interested please send an email to Straight to me! Don't think you'll find cleaner, better playing examples anywhere! CONUS shipping only, please!

Thanks for your interest!

Last edited:
Wow, you have two incredibly special, almost impossible to replace gems there. Whoever grabs these will be very thankful you are returning to gee-tar. :drool::drool:

I'm just curious, is there anything other than re-ordering the strings to revert for non-lefty's?

Last edited:
Indeed they are impossible to replace gems! If I recall correctly, the Martin uke book shows only 162 of the Wurlitzer 2K model built......kind of rare. They are strung for southpaw playing at this time, yes, but no there should be no issues to re-string righty. Both of these are strung with natural gut and the nut is cut accordingly. It is possible that something like Nylgut with oversized diameters might require a tweak to fit properly. And, if a buyer is interested, I will include a set or two of the gut strings for the re-stringing. On old period ukuleles like these gut strings really work well......it's what they were built for, yes?

Are these still for sale, Buc? Thanks.

Top Bottom