Vintage Martin 2M soprano in great condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevelele

Reaction score
This is my first uke ever. I've held onto it because it's special and in great condition. Pics tell the story--plays beautifully--two very expertly fixed back cracks, stable with stitching that looks like wood grain. I would like to get 700 for this, shipped and insured if in the CONUS, as long as you pay any fees. Thanks!

martin1.jpgmartin2.jpgmartin3.jpgmartin4.jpgmartin5.jpgm

Last edited:
Here's one more photo that i couldn't fit in--you can see the fixed back cracks and how well it's done.

martin6.jpg

A Happy Holidays price reduction on this

This is a sweet price, Stevelele. What do the tuner buttons look like? What year it it, please? Thanks.

not sure about the year--is there some kind of serial number that would help me check? i can look for it at home. The tuners i believe are original. they are white--i can try to take a picture when i go home

not sure about the year--is there some kind of serial number that would help me check? i can look for it at home. The tuners i believe are original. they are white--i can try to take a picture when i go home

one pic' looked like it has bar frets, if so, it's pre-1934...actually, with the decal and bar frets, it would be a 1934.

Looks like some other tuners were installed at some point. You can see if it was a WWII Martin by seeing if a refrigerator magnet will stick on the frets. They had to use steel bar frets as the silver nickle was reserved for military use during the War. Also they went back to wooden tuning pegs for the same reason. Later many were converted to metal/plastic friction tuners. If silver nickle frets it would be the 1934 that had Grover no 94 Simplex that would leave a round mark on the head stock face.
Reference source is the Tom Walsh John King Book.

such great info--thanks guys! Really appreciate it, even if this doesn't sell

Looks like some other tuners were installed at some point. You can see if it was a WWII Martin by seeing if a refrigerator magnet will stick on the frets. They had to use steel bar frets as the silver nickle was reserved for military use during the War. Also they went back to wooden tuning pegs for the same reason. Later many were converted to metal/plastic friction tuners. If silver nickle frets it would be the 1934 that had Grover no 94 Simplex that would leave a round mark on the head stock face.
Reference source is the Tom Walsh John King Book.

Last edited:
hmmm... not even one offer. i guess the market for these is soft, bc this is a good one

bumping this again. feel free to make me an offer. I thought this was well priced, but if I'm being unrealistic, let me know

Superbowl sale and my last reduction to 800 shipped

ok, about to send it to the bay if nobody is interested.... last chance

ok, sent it to the bay. always a sad feeling, but thanks for your comments here and taking a look

Hey Steve - Any clips of this uke in action? Thank you.

not much luck on ebay either so reducing once again to $750, which is a great deal for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom