The Beansprout, if you own one please read!

Tillerman

Reaction score
Hi UU,

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing another Ukulele, having sold my Hawaiian made one last year out of lack of time. (I also play Accordion)

This time around I want something different, so the Banjolele looks like a great choice. I came across one on YouTube called the Beansprout, it markets itself as a top of the line handmade instrument.

Now, I'm in The Netherlands so I doubt I will be able to play one before I buy. That's a bit scary considering 1000 USD is a big lump sum for a poor Medicine student.

Basically, if you own one do you think its worth the 600-700 dollar price hike from your normal Gold Tone or Heartwood? How is the action, volume etc? Is it really that good?

Any input is welcome.

I DO like the Waverly Street Banjolele, and a very decent price for quality made in USA. I will get one eventually, they are awesome. :D
http://www.wsukes.com/79/u79.html
tn_79-01.jpg

The Beansprout folks were at the Denver Ukefest awhile back with their Banjolele's and new Soprano's... Nice Ukulele's...

I have played a Goldtone, a Dixie and a couple other unnamed vintage Banjo's

If I had the $$$ I would go with a Beansprout over the others. It plays, sounds, looks and feels better than ANY of the others I played with.

That said I would like to have that all metal Dixie just cuz it's vintage cool!!!!

I sent one to someone in the Netherlands but can't remeber who They are great and Aaorn is such a nice guy and great banjo uke player If i ever find the video of him playing the beansprout i will post

Top Bottom