FS: Kala U-Bass – Hutch Huthinson Model- needs work $200.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmail

Reaction score
Sold....thank you Rick!!

Last edited:
Great bass - If I didn't already have one I would buy it. I've had the same problem with the output jack coming loose. It seems to happen in the dead of winter. I suspect that dry air and slight shrinkage of the wood, combined with a little twisting from the plug, causes the internal nut to come loose. It is easy to fix.

Someone is going to get a real bargain on this one.

Sold....thank you Rick!!

Last edited:
Would you be so kind as to provide measurements of the dimensions of the battery cover and an estimate of the distance between the center of the hole and the truss rod nut? If I can devise a way to adjust the neck relief, I am definitely interested. I've been wanting a ubass for a while now.

I pulled the back cover on my HH U-bass and stuck a lufkin tape measure in there. It read 10" when it hit home in the neck block, center of the back cover opening.

Getting the tape out of there was a trick. The hook on the end of the tape kept wanting to get caught in the slots. I hope it was the slots anyway, and not the wires.

I double checked 10" from the center of the back cover opening on the outside and measurement looks reasonable for what I imagine is the size neck block.

I'm not sure where my inspection mirror is - we had a little basement flood 8 days ago and my workshop is still is chaos.

I hope that helps.

Sold....thank you Rick!!

Sold....thank you Rick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom