WTB Cheap Concert Ukulele

SpookyBen

Reaction score
Just Looking for a new cheap concert ukulele

also buying Capos, Tuners and Straps

Define cheap!

A few weeks ago Guitar Center and Musicians Friend had the Luna 'retro' (Daddy-o, Radioactive, Martini) ukes on sale for $49 brand new

they also had some KoHala (which is made by Hohner now, which IIRC is owned by Lanikai?), (and KoHala not to be confused wit the 'K' brand KoAloha) concert ukes that come in like 44 different colors for $49-$59, which I also saw on Amazon

so you might look at that

anything cheaper is going to be ukulele-shaped firewood, or ukulele-shaped skeet targets, and these might even be that too

rule of thumb for me is not less than $100 and buy from a shop that includes a SETUP, otherwise you run the risk of getting a uke that is UNPLAYABLE for any of a dozen different possible reasons -- search this forum on 'SETUP' or 'SET-UP"

For my money, Islander is a best buy...http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/islander/islander-concert-mahogany-mc-4.html

They have a little better fit and finish than the other entry level instruments. Although, there's nothing wrong with entry level Kala or Ohana, they will also be in the low $100's. That's about the cheapest price point to get something decent that you will enjoy playing and looking at. Kala KA-CEM is a decent instrument.

Also, if you search this thread for cheap concert, you'll probably get tons of recommendations.

Top Bottom