Look what came on Big brown today

DDANIEL13

Reaction score
A while back I had a rep on the phone from D'Addario with a few questions, Actually about Banjo Strings. With some talk of my New Uke.Today a really nice sampler arrive on UPS , Not US Postal,
I thought it to be very generous, I'm sure they enjoy the chance to get there name & products out there

Dave

strings.jpg
strings.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that was a nice surprise. I might have to try their strings now. :)

Yes, that is quite awesome.

I've tried both the Nyltech (which IIRC is licensed from Aquila and similar to Nylgut) and both the Rectified and Titanium Nylons...and have come to the conclusion that I really despise the lack of sustain that nyon string have overall when compared to fluorocarbon. YMMV and we each enjoy our own preference - there is no right or wrong here with strings.

The feel and tone and tension are nice of their nylon strings, but compared to like ALL OTHER fluoro strings, they have like HALF the sustain time, which if all you're gonna do is strum, might be fine, but I try to do more of a Campanella style and basically require as much sustain as possible...

My next string order will include both the concert and tenor D'addario fluoro sets, which both seem to be the SAME gauge strings. When you get around to trying out the EJ99T set, please report back with your impressions.

I for one would love to know what you think. :)

D'Addario make some very nice steel guitar strings, I have several sets fitted on different instruments. I'll need to look out for these ukulele strings when it's time to change what I've got at the moment ... mostly Aquila's ... also very nice :)

D'Addario's Nyltech baritone ukulele strings are my close-second favorite strings on my Pono, only beat out by the Aquila Red Series set. But I'd also be perfectly happy with the Nyltech set, it's got both a great sound and feel.

Sadly, their rewards program (those codes in the string packages) seems to be only for North America. That was a bit of a downer. I like collecting points and stuff. :)

The EJ99T's are my favorite strings, though I'm only playing them now on my soprano. I just bought another set to try on my Baritone as a test for re-entrant G tuning. I want to see how they differ from the Worth Browns on the Big Zebra. Browns are suppose to be 'Warm" and I want to see how a 'Bright' set sounds. I've gone through a whole passel of strings in the last year, just to see how they sound.

Right now I have EJ99's and Fremont Black lines as my most favorite strings. I'd like to try Living Waters but they are hard to come by in California.

I like the carbons quite a bit, which I run on my alchemist.
In low G they go well with TI flat wounds. The carbon low G is a bit too thick for me.
They're a bit more full than oasis which I like in linear.

Top Bottom