"Music Box Waltz" Herringe Concert Ukulele + Tab

This is the first time I see you playing a concert size uke.
You just proved me wrong that concert is not meant for finger style.
Look like a very interesting piece with a combination of different techniques.
Well done as usual, my friend! You made everything look so easy.
After watching this video I should take my one and only concert size uke off market place. :rolleyes:

Just found this wonderful performance of one of my favorite Smeck tunes. Very well done! I greatly enjoyed your playing. Tasty!

Cambell,
This is a sweet one.

Question: What effects you are using?
Sounds like a bit of reverb on the track...or are you recording in the bathtub? :confused:
Regardless, it sounds great,
Johnson

Last edited:
Very nice! Thank you for the video and the sheet music. :D

Campbell,

I am always mesmerized and inspired to see and hear your videos with the great playing and magic floating hands. You are definitely a master of the strings.

Thanks for sharing! :music:

Another gem. This is certainly the prettiest version of this song I have heard. Great soft touch. Gentler and more beautiful than all of the other versions I have come across.

You are becoming an invaluable ukulele resource. Thanks for all of your videos and tabs.

Thanks for taking the time to watch & comment mate. I use the K&K Aloha Twin Spots (passive) in all my ukes & guileles. In fact I had just fitted one to this Concert uke and thought I'd like to make a little video to test it out. These work best using a preamp, so for this I use a Zoom A3. I use a little reverb (nothing else) from the A3 and plug directly into a Zoom Q8 Handy Cam. I really like this recording setup because it is extremely simple and easy to use. Everything goes direct to camera and there's no need worry about interference from outside noise or having to sync audio & video later on, after that it's straight to Windows Live Movie Maker and away you go.

I like your set-up a lot. I actually went to the K&K website because I wanted to know more. If I ever go electric for my Breedlove the Aloha Twin would be my choice.
Do you know if the plug end is wide enough to hold a strap?

Top Bottom