Which baritone would you choose?

id go with the mahogany or the second one: The spruce top/rosewood. I would forget about the last one.

I like mahogany personally because I love the sound of the wood(mellow and sweet).

Spruce top though is also pretty mellow when combined with rosewood and but it does have a bright sound to it and spruce tops SING! they resonate very well and they just get warmer and nicer over time.(same goes with the mahogany).

Thanks all

Just wondering. What is wrong with the samick? It has a spruce top and rosewood back and sides just like the oscar shmidt.

Thanks all

Just wondering. What is wrong with the samick? It has a spruce top and rosewood back and sides just like the oscar shmidt.

I believe they are also both made in Indonesia, and I would not be surprised if in the same factory.

Thanks all

Samick made my target bow (archery), while theyre good with wood, I dont see myself letting them make me a uke. I dont know why, but I just dont.

unless ukes could kill..

I think the Silver Creek looks the best.

I have the Samick, or Greg Bennett, and it's alright - very pretty to look at, but it doesn't give me shivers.

I can't believe you're all going on about Rouge and Samick and Oscar Schmidt and completly ignoring the idea of getting a vintage Harmony. Those things are built great, solid mahogany that's already been aged 50 years, and the least expensive of the bunch. I have one and trust me it sounds awesome.

I can't believe you're all going on about Rouge and Samick and Oscar Schmidt and completly ignoring the idea of getting a vintage Harmony. Those things are built great, solid mahogany that's already been aged 50 years, and the least expensive of the bunch. I have one and trust me it sounds awesome.

I am going to go for the vintage harmony if I can get an ebay account and paypal set up.

thanks snakeoiler I'll give it a try and bid a few times if I have to since i know other people will, and I'm sure someone has bidded on it from here?:)

I don't mind if other people see the page...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Harmony...|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200#ShippingPayment

It has a crack in the side though:(

will this effect it?

go for a Kala

Kala bartiones are reasonable and great. Go for a low end mahogany.

Top Bottom