Vorson Electric Ukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritzer

Reaction score
Who has one , which model and how do you like it?

Thanks

I have the LP model, i.e. Les Paul shape in sunburst.

Sounds and basically plays fine once you compensate both nut and saddle, however despite any truss rod adjustments, mine seems to have bad flex in the neck, even when you play open strings, in that notes ring sharp at first due to deflecting the neck, it's worse when fretted.

Maybe my truss rod is stripped? It's too much work to fix and since I bought a scratch-n-dent model (with no returns) from American Musical Supply for only $80, I have learned a good lesson - no more cheaping out - if I were to be charging by the hour for the time invested I could have bought the baritone Konablaster I really wanted, twice....

I've also tried more than a dozen combinations of strings, and finally gave up.

Some day I'll make a new, 20" scale neck for it, and likely string it like a tenor guitar, tuned in fifths CGDA.

Some folks here on UU, mainly fellow brother with username 'kissing' had good experiences and raves about how his was after the truss rod adjustment.

My experience was much different. It's been in the case now for about 9 months, I wont sell it because it's a problem and I dont want that karma, I'll fix it when I have the skill and time to replace the neck.

Good luck if you get one, but caveat emptor!

Mine is in a land fill. It would not stop buzzing. I tried to take it apart and shield the electronics but that did not work. Life is too short so I tossed it.

Buy a Risa LP instead.

I had Telecaster style that was actually pretty good, but I found I didn't have a need for a steel string electric, so I sold it.

I have the plain black Les Paul model. It's fine - neck is good, intonation fine, no buzzing. The electronics are adequate at best, but not terrible.

After hours of setting up, I got my LP version to have an OK action and good tone.

The electronics worked quite well, though perhaps I was lucky.

They're not great quality and I wouldn't recommend it if you are not experienced with electric guitar setup. Or someone who can set it up for you, though in some cases even this would only provide limited satisfaction.
Straight off the shelf, they are not set up well at all.

I sold mine, because I didn't find myself playing it much. I have no regrets about selling it because the quality level was not that great.

I couldn't get mine to stop buzzing at the bridge. It didn't affect the plugged in tone, but it was annoying nonetheless.

I would suggest a better made electric such as the Risa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom