FS: Collings UT2 mahogany tenor UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
I'm selling my three very best ukes only to fund something big for me. This one is very very special. It is a Collings UT2 deluxe gloss tenor in solid figured mahogany. This is an early one - only serial no 442 (they're now into the thousands).

It's tone is deep and open sounding with very resonant with shimmering highs. The harmonics are incredible.

The condition is very good but there are some light surface scratches on the gloss finish and three tiny 2mm dings. I tried everything to photograph them but it was impossible! They only show in certain lights. They are only very light and on the finish surface only.

£1400 plus shipping.

Thanks,
Matt

From the HMS website:

This mahogany tenor sounds incredible! Such a big warm tone with wonderful sustain. Bound in tortoise and shown off with a gloss finish, this American made tenor shows a supreme level of precision craftsmanship rarely seen. After that you notice the feel, neck feels great as well as the radius fretboard and perfect setup.

The attention to detail inside and outside is only overshadowed by the unique and alluring voice of this ukulele.

The UT2 is our gloss lacquer finish tenor model with increased appointments. With solid mahogany top, back and side wood, the UT2 comes standard with the Collings trademark ''haircut'' peghead shape and tortoise body binding
Premium mahogany body and neck
Tortoise top/back binding
Ivoroid and wood nitrite strip rosette
High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Unbound "Haircut" headstock
Rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
Rosewood fingerboard
Mortise and tenon neck joint
19 Frets, neck joins the body at the 13th fret
"C" shape neck and 1.73" string spacing
12" Fingerboard radius
1 3/8" Bone nut
17" Scale length
Narrow 18% nickel-silver fretwire
Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
Pegheds tuners with 4:1 ratio
Recommended string gauge - Savarez (.57mm, .69mm, .81mm, .57mm)
Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom