Is old age affecting my brain ..or what?

Timbuck

Reaction score
Just putting together 4 new Cuban mahogany tops ...and I ended up scrapping one of e'm :mad:...Can some one tell me how I managed to get the Bridge plate on the same side as the rosette ?:confused:...or did I put the rosette on the wrong side.?

Whoa. I am so sorry. Bummer! I totally see how that could happen, even though it isn't supposed to happen! May the balance of the day move along more to your liking, Mr. Timms!

You could start a new trend in having the rosette go all the way through and be visible from the inside too. Just install another on the new top side. Wait a minute, I started that trend last year!

Ed

Well I am amazed at how much you seem to get done so I think that making the odd mistake proves you are just human and not the machine I thought you were becoming!

But seriously, it happens to us all, young or old. Just keep the stories coming, we all need some light relief from time to time.

Last edited:
maybe you could just burn your logo into the wood that is the bridge patch and then sell it on ebay as a 'Ken Timms' 'wallhanger' sign

I'm sure somebody would buy it

Answer to your question is "yes" :p

I always blame my "How on earth did I do that?" mistakes on a lack of sufficient coffee. :)

Then I blame my dexterity mistakes on too much coffee. :)

Don't worry, Ken. That's kind of like finding your car keys in your sock drawer. Just a relatively harmless oversight with no serious reason for concern!

And I'm right there with Hodge on the coffee thing. :rolleyes:

I actually almost did this too. I carefully laid out the bridge patch and bracing pattern on the top with the rosette obviously right there. I discovered my mistake before gluing anything thank-goodness, but it can happen. Blame it on distraction as not thinking what you are doing. Truth be told, I blamed it on a slight hang-over. Hang-overs and uke building? Dangerous combination.

Top Bottom