Another Warren Buffett Story

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Herbert Allen asked me to make a uke for his buddy Warren Buffet. Didn't expect to get any feed back as it was effectively a third party transaction...This is what he thought of the instrument:

219umb8.jpg

My brother advised me to 'charge' Mr Allen for it - he paid the same as anyone would - £1025 for this re-imagining of a concert Vita Uke. I'm a bit proud of this :)

Last edited:
Congrats Pete............nice looking ukulele. Let us know if he sends you any stock market tips:drool:

Geezum crow, that's rich, Pete. Congratulations.

Buy GOOGL. Sell AAPL.

Congratulations! You deserve to be proud of this!

Congrats Pete - It's really great that a world famous billionaire wanted one of your wonderful instruments, and was also human and humble enough to send you that photo with the note at the bottom. Maybe soon you will get an order from Bill Gates, since they are such close pals...:)

Wow that is pretty cool! Congrats

That is just too cool.

What a lovely story. Congratulations. You can put this picture up on your workshop/office wall so all your walkins can see it. Just like they do in restaurants. Its a good job you ignored your brother. Mr Buffet would not have been impressed.

He's more than just a very wealthy businessman. He's generally viewed as a generally or comparatively honest type of businessman as compared to the general standard. He's also a man of modest needs and seems to be a genuine all round pretty good guy. Now that's he's more or less retired, like Bill Gates, he's giving most of his money away rather than leaving it all to his kids who also don't seem to mind as they are not hard done by anyway.

I have made for a lot of people... one thing I have learnt about our community is the generosity of spirit displayed by nearly all. I believe the Hawaiians call this Aloha. Having said that, this IS a significant notch on the spokeshave for me :)

How classy for him to have recognize your excellent work, Pete. Congrats!

Congratulations Pete! A personal thank you from Warren Buffett about your uke is an outstanding recognition and endorsement of your work.

Herbert Allen asked me to make a uke for his buddy Warren Buffet. Didn't expect to get any feed back as it was effectively a third party transaction...This is what he thought of the instrument:

219umb8.jpg

My brother advised me to 'charge' Mr Allen for it - he paid the same as anyone would - £1025 for this re-imagining of a concert Vita Uke. I'm a bit proud of this :)

Very nice Pete, I hope you frame this and display it proudly on your wall.

Top Bottom